Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good place to order GOOD topo and/or aerial maps? I don't mind paying for them either. I would like to be able to get a pretty good size one of each, maybe 20" by 30". I have looked quite a bit but i just can't find anything that I think would help much. Thanks for any input!!

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
If you are wanting one that big, you might be able to talk your local FSA office into selling you one. I use a web site www.cares.mo.edu (something like that) and you can print off aerial photos for free.

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
you could try google earth. Maybe save the shot you want and take the disk and have it printed as big as you want.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
I believe the number Hannibal posted is the Missouri State Survey. It actually is a source for USGS quads. I would suggest asking them for a Missouri index of quads. The 7.5 series has the detail you will need, but you will need a name for the quads you want. A description such as so many miles from someplace won't do.

The cheapest and best source for newest air photos is your local ASCS(Dept of AG) office.

http://maproom.missouri.edu/ is a good place that is user friendly, but maps are cheaoer from the first source.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Originally posted by jason6517
Originally posted by Hannibal
jason
what part of the state is the land in question??
The land is in mercer county.
Where in Mercer are you? I own land in Mercer aswell, few miles north east of spickard. I used terra server.com to get my topo maps. It took alot of printing and taping pages together but it was free.

·
Original Cafe'Member
1,723 Posts
I bought National Geographic Topo maps for the entire MO area for $100.

Prints any size you like. I've done wall posters.

·
just a no body
15,607 Posts
Originally posted by X Bow T
I bought National Geographic Topo maps for the entire MO area for $100.

Prints any size you like. I've done wall posters.
that what we'r using for the Elk hunt too..I was reading all posts to see if any body would suggest it before I did.

MyTopo aint bad but its a lengthly proces to get what you want.

Or depending what you want it for try to print out from GoogleEarth

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.