1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
Are rage considered traditional?

·
Registered
69,561 Posts
Speaking of Traditional I use the Woodsman and Bodkin if I'm using steel points on my arrows but I still have faith in a good flint tipped arrow placed in the right spot.
flint tipped arrowhead avatar.jpg

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,414 Posts
Speaking of Traditional I use the Woodsman and Bodkin if I'm using steel points on my arrows but I still have faith in a good flint tipped arrow placed in the right spot. View attachment 107551
I can't believe that didn't make the list. What field tests have you done to instill such faith?

·
Registered
69,561 Posts
I can't believe that didn't make the list. What field tests have you done to instill such faith?
I just rely on a few thousand years on my distant ancestors using them to put meat on the table. Time tested they work.

·
#Debbie
11,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just rely on a few thousand years on my distant ancestors using them to put meat on the table. Time tested they work.
You're native? Do you get full pass throughs on deer you've killed? Do they break or chip the tips or can you reuse them?

·
10,414 Posts
If they work so well, why were they ever replaced by steel?

·
Registered
22,123 Posts
nice looking arrow Mailman, but enough can go wrong with great arrows and heads, and those are neither great arrows, nor great arrowheads.

·
Registered
69,561 Posts
nice looking arrow Mailman, but enough can go wrong with great arrows and heads, and those are neither great arrows, nor great arrowheads.
Your opinion.:wave1:

I doubt a dead deer can tell the difference between any of the above listed points.

·
Registered
22,123 Posts

I doubt a dead deer can tell the difference between any of the above listed points.
show me a dead deer with your set-up! just because the Indians did it back when for survival, doesn't mean it is ethical for today's hunts....notice I said ethical, not legal. Do what you want, have fun, it doesn't affect me, now the deer, that's another story. Wish you much success on your quest!

·
10,414 Posts

This is true, neither would a live deer that jumped the string and was missed entirely...:wave1:

·
#Debbie
11,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You're native? Do you get full pass throughs on deer you've killed? Do they break or chip the tips or can you reuse them?
Bump

·
King of Callaway
42,639 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
Hmmm...seems to me, if I remember my history reasonably close, the bow goes back something like 10,000 years and, I believe is present in every stone age society known with the possible exception of the arctic societies. Soo...with that in mind probably every one of us has an ancestor who used a stick and a string and a chipped rock. Whether one is of native American descent or not has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not he or she has an ancestor who killed their food with a primitive bow.

For those who think they hold superior knowledge I'd suggest a perusal of Primitive Archer magazine if it's evidence you must have.

·
Registered
69,561 Posts
I've made hunting arrows to fit each of my traditional bows. I just started a new batch of bamboo arrows and have decided to go with my Bodkin tips.

And to answer CRE10's question.....yes I do have Native American ancestors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts