Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine wanted to see my farm, so I took him out Friday afternoon & gave him a tour. Early yesterday morning, he was knocking on my door, seems he had lost his cell phone during the tour. On the way back out to the farm, we got to see a lot of wildlife. Had a moma drag 2 fawns across the road right in front of us. 2nd fawn was half the size of the first, what's up with that? Closer to the farm we came up on a lot of young pheasants in the road. First count showed 8, pretty close to grown size. Further looking, we seen at least 5 more in the weeds beside the road, they were about half the size of the first batch. Real cool, wish I had a better camera for this kinda stuff. Was a real kodak moment. Boys, heres the proof that controled burning is good for wildlife. The crp these birds came out of was burned this spring. On the other side of the road, oats were planted this spring, followed by late beans & all the weeds around the field are let grow. This guy doesn't keep a pretty farm, which is good for wildlife. Then, as we got to the farm, we seen a moma turkey drag about 6 poults into the timber. As we got out of the truck, there was a rabbit dusting right in front of us. Was a real cool morning. Glad he lost his phone. We did find it by the way. Only reason we did though, was as we were touring, we had to move a small tree from the logging road that the storm had knocked down. I remember comenting on how big the acorns were that were knocked loose & laying in the road. We had all but given up on finding his phone, but were on our way to the last time we were out of the mule, as we drove over those big acorns, I remembered moving that tree, & looked over & there it layed in some multi flora rose.

[file]7383[/file]

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
cool that you seem to have a good population of them there.

i love hunting phesants. i was in far northwest iowa and eastern southdokota and saw a few over the weekend myself. sure are pretty birds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.