Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to drive over to my Sons.Came back somebody had set the woods on fire just across the creek from us.

I get ahold of the Fire Department.They made sure where it was,tell me its too cold and windy to call the Guys out,there is no houses over there let it burn,its suppose to rain in couple days. :thinking: Told them that I didn't want anyone seeing me drive by there thinking I set it.

Thing is we have a New Person setting fires because the person I thought was doing it went into the Hospital today.So I'm more certain my woods will burn this year.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin has Wiener Sticks.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,704 Posts
Fire going through established timber this time of year is not going to actually hurt the timber much. Will actually promote new growth. I know my timber is going to be set on fire this year, cause I'm gonna do it.

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by pinwheel
Fire going through established timber this time of year is not going to actually hurt the timber much. Will actually promote new growth. I know my timber is going to be set on fire this year, cause I'm gonna do it.
Yea but its not good on Young Pines and Cedars.Plus burns out alot of Den Trees.

Plus I like to be able to leave the House without everything burning up.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin wants to keep warm,just not that way.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,704 Posts
I don't blame ya for being worried. Yeah, pines & cedars probably aren't going to survive, but there are a lot of trees that will be stimulated by fire.

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In truth I'm always more worried about my House and buildings.I'm at the top of a ridge and not very good up here some times.

It hasn't burned here for years so there is all kinds of fuel.About all a Guy can do is back fire.

If my Pines would get about I figure 6 years on them they would be ok.I seen a stand burn,killed all the Oak but didn't hurt the Pine,its really looking good now.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin just gets the Beer sets up all night watching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts