Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of today.............you can't apply for managed hunts anymore and we are officially T-Minus 30 days and counting to the opener...........

Having said that...........I gotta admit...........I don't get too excited until the chase starts the first couple days of NOVEMBER.

Prolly cause all I hunt is woods and there are no crops to try and pattern a deer on..............all those skeeters are no fun either.............I have killed several does early in the season but havent done any good with bucks until NOV.

Plus I dont like to take days off until it is cool........somethin about Bow huntin and 90 degrees just dont add up for me.

Having said all that.................Best wishes to all as we make final preparations for what (as the videos always say in the promotional clip) will be our best season EVER!

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Originally posted by Arrow-1
Today was a big day!
Everyday is a big day, they all have 24 hours in them. Oh, and good luck with your managed hunt drawing's.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I sure hope they haven't shut down the online sign up yet since it isn't midnite yet. I went to do that the other day and got side tracked.

I'm gonna go try right now, thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I just applied.

They are still accepting apps. My guess is they'll still be accepting apps till some state worker decideds to show up tomorrow and shut down the link to the apps page.

:wink:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
:pop::pop::pop:

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What did ya put in for DGS?

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
You've got till midnight....or so they say.

I love to really start hunting the bucks hard around the 22nd of october. They really begin to start moving and stirring things up in the woods around then.

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck on that one DSG.............guess you cant get picked unless the picker picks you......you know what I mean???:confused:

Yup MOBOW you got that right...............I gets real excited that first real good cold snap that usually comes the last 5 days of OCTOBER.............of course then it is usually 70 degrees for the first three weeks of NOVEMBER.
:mad2:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,529 Posts
No matter how much homework I do, sometimes it's just dumb luck. If I'm not in the woods, I can't kill him. I put in as much time as I possibly can, no matter what time of the season. Like you said before, I get pretty serious starting late October, then the last 2 weeks before gun season, I hunt like it's my job. Lots of time in the stand. I've booked minimal work in mid October & will book no work the first 2 weeks of November. Now, If I can just keep my wife away from the scheduling calendar.:rotfl:

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep............studies have shown that the peak date for killing a P & Y buck in MO is NOVEMBER 8th.

I must agree.......I have had a ton of luck in the 5-10th range.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
i guess i'll miss the first ten days or so of bow season,after last years opening day fun it is gonna be tough to miss.but the bulls ought to be rutting and screaming, anyways thats what i keep telling myself.any day is a good day to be in the deer woods if the boys are a movin in my book.unless it is a hundred degrees.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don't neglect the early season in the woods.
I got his one last year on OCT.1st hitting the hickory nuts @ 9:30 in the morning.

I don't have the luxury of the row crops either but have found that the mast crops are a great asset also if you are willing to follow the trees that are dropping.

:wave::banana::cheers:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Nice kill greatwhitess! Great pic too! :cheers:

Coulda done with out the trotline bait in the background though. :D
We put that buck jam out in early Sept. and it took the little bucks about a week to hit it but they finally started. Never did see a decent buck hitting it though.:confused:;)

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I'd imagine that he was speaking of the four-legged fur ball that should be UNDER the tire rather than beside it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.