Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,
I was wondering if all you experienced shed hunters could give a newbie like me some tips on shed hunting. I don't have a dog and have only gone a few times. I was lucky enough to find one but that's it.
I've heard the tree line that meets the edges of a field is a good place to look, also persimmon patches. Any truth to these?
Any help would be hugely appreciated.
God bless,
Iz

·
Registered
23,530 Posts
I've had the best luck spending hours and walking miles in bedding and feeding areas. Fence crossings seem to be a good spot to look too. I'm sure you'll get plenty of advise here, there are some pretty dedicated shed hunters on the board.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Walk and walk and walk! Really though they could be just anywhere. Last spring when shed hunting I parked the truck in a different place than normal due to the high creek water and about 50 yards in, I found my first ever matched set. Normally, I would never have walked through that area.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Time and a good pair of boots! I have found them on field edges, middle of fields, crp fields, edge or woods, in the woods, everywhere except hovering off the ground!

I went 2 years of putting in lots of time before finding my first one. I personally think it has a little bit to do with training your eyes to see the little things.

Of course what do I know........shedhead has a christmas tree made out of sheds! Someday!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts