timney trigger

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by winger, Mar 12, 2006.

1. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    I received my Timney Trigger for my Howa 22-250 last week and made it out to the range. Talk about an investment. I had messed with the factory trigger on the Howa but just couldn't get it to where I liked it and have the safety work. The Timney came from the factory at 3 lbs and is easily adjustable. Has a crisp clean break with no creep whatsoever. Have to give this trigger a thumbs up for ease of installation and it does what it is suppose to all for less than $100.00, which is a small price to pay to me for the difference it makes in accuracy.

2. fish

fish I love work. I can watch it all day.

Do they make trigger assemblys for a TC Encore ??? That is the only change I would make for that gun. Also, do they have a web site ??? I'd google it myself but it is Sunday and I never work on Sundays.:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

BTW I have a Howa in the .243 cal. Sweet gun. :cheers:

3. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

got a link for this product?

4. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
  5. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Midway and Graf's also carry them.

Jack

6. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    i have a savage model 12 varmit with the accutrigger (never thought i would own a savage)
    can't get it to acjust below 2# 8 oz. any ideas on how to work tjis sucker.
    not trying to change the subject.

7. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    dang, and I can type.

8. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    You might ask Savage. Two and one half may be the limit.

9. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    igor, it sounds like you got the wrong spring in your M12. The varmint rifles should come with a lighter poundage spring than the sporter models. You should be able to get to about a pound and a half. Savage can send you the other spring. If that's not good enough, go with a SharpShooter Supply trigger (SSS) about $90. I've had several of them in various rat rifles, and they'd get to 14 oz. pretty easy (had one go WAY lighter, but it was hard to use that way). SSS and Rifle Basix, and Timney, all make custom triggers for Savages. My .204 is down to the minimum, and it's sweeeeeeeet.....

10. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    a buddy of mine has two model 12's the first one (an early one) adjusted down to a little
    over a pound, the second one he bought about the same time i bought mine, and it
    won't go below 2 1/2.
    called savage they won't help.
    I took the adjustable spring OUT of mine and it still pulled 1 1/2, I'm going to polish the
    sear next, hope it helps it looks pretty rough under magnification.
    just so everyone knows that dang savage will SHOOOT.:cool:

11. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Don't polish the sear too much, they are only surface hardened, if you cut thru that, you'll get mush, and it won't be safe, either. Baby steps, friend!

12. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    appreciate the concern, it should be hard at least .02 inches i'm only talkin about takin off
    mabey .005 at the most just polishing not stoneing.I promise I'll be carefull, not my first
    day on a big job.

13. igor

igor Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    if that doesn't work i'll buy a new trigger its not worth the time to make a new sear
    and trigger.