Time for a cold one!

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by TOBRYAN, Apr 17, 2006.

1. TOBRYAN

TOBRYAN Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    Thursday..I put 300 miles on the powerstroke hauling 5 buggies of fertilizer around for 2 farms for our pasture, alfalfa and food plots. I Disced sunflower, bean and forage sorghum plots and then sprayed herbicide on alfalfa, clover plots.

Saturday, I sprayed herbicide on sunflower and roundup on new plots, planted sunflowers with planter after removing mouse houses from vacuum lines. By the way make sure you wear gloves when cleaning out clods between double disk openers on planters or your hands will look like swiss cheese and you bleed all over everything...dirt, blood and sweat...or is that blood,sweat and tears!!..???

Did end up catching some bass in the afternoon and having a few cool ones!!

Let it rain now...awfully dry!!

Now for the Turkey with the bow next week!!! got to do it

2. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

May 19, 2003
    St. Louis, MO

3. TOBRYAN

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    Ill get some pics next Monday after my early morning Turkey
    hunt (chase).
    Im going to wait until the end of May to put out my forage sorghum and RR soybeans.
    Ill put my plotsave tape around the flowers next week also, they ought to be up and prime for deer grazing..

Clover and alafalfa should be off to a good start with the fertilizer.

4. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    TOBRYAN, reading all a what you done is makin' me want a cold one right now.;)

Jack

5. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Good luck with that bow thing. Quite a difficult challenge, but very rewarding when you git r done.

6. Bowkil

Bowkil New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Ozark Plateau
    i just planted my tomatoes plants in the garden. in about 2 weeks im planting my chuffa. so it will be all matured opening day of bowseason. good luck on arrowin a turkey, as im gonna try to do the same!

7. xxx

xxx Guest

TO... You had much luck with that stuff? I've seen it advertised but never gave much faith to it......:bangin:

8. TOBRYAN

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    MRB, I thought it was a bunch of bull also...however it worked for me. My plot last year was about 2 acres of flowers. I took the middle half of the plot and put 1 acre of tape surrounding it. You could tell where they had eaten the leaves on the plants outside the tape and not inside.
    Im using the tape on flowers this year and I bought another acre of tape for my RR beans, I'm putting in in a few weeks.
    You do have to refresh the tape with the egg spray every 3-4 weeks, which takes no time..

notice how the flowers were consumed on the outside of the tape

9. TOBRYAN

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    Notice my plot was full of cockle burs, its going to RR soybeans this year and lots of roundup.
    more pics of last year flowers.

10. TOBRYAN

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
  11. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Well looks like you had an eventful weekend!
    Sounds like some good work TO!
    :cheers::cheers:

12. DanF

DanF Active Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Cass Co.
    my clover is in and all my (small) fields are limed...but my spring plots bit the dust during last summer's dry spell, so I am going to try planting this fall exclusively except for the clover plot...maintain that with mowing and spraying as needed...

13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Lets just hope we get some timely rain this year..

Last year sucked...

14. TOBRYAN

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    I dont care if it screws up opening morning turkey hunting, let it rain!!!
    Im washing my truck today...everyone else do the same!!!