Tiffany Springs Hunters

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by BMoeller, Nov 10, 2010.

1. BMoeller

BMoeller Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Anyone on here hunting Tiffany Springs? I hunted my second day out there and it is dead. Only seen one deer from the stand and I grunted in a spike.

Today was 0 from the stand. This area of the park I'm hunting has produced in a big way for the past four years. It seems they are bedding real early. :shrug: I changed stand locations due to the wind and walked within 15 yards of a decent eight that was bedded. Then eighty yards down the trail I jumped a bedded doe. Walking out at 10:30 walked within 20 yards of a bedded spike.

What have you guys been seeing? Can't go back till sat. and hopefully they will be moving with the cooler weather

2. Detrhoyt

Detrhoyt Horny D

Oct 26, 2008
    Work
    Is this the same Tiffany Springs up by the airport? Is there a managed hunt there or something? If its the same place, hard to believe you're not seeing anything. I see big deer out that way all the time.

Anyway, hope your luck changes!:cheers:

3. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Tiffany Springs Park is right off 152 south of the airport

4. Detrhoyt

Detrhoyt Horny D

Oct 26, 2008
    Work
    [rquote=1889845&tid=131640&author=Hoytshooter]Tiffany Springs Park is right off 152 south of the airport[/rquote]

Okay, that's what I thought. Got a buddy who lives off K hwy/152 so I'm out that way quite a bit, just never knew there was hunting allowed there.

5. BMoeller

BMoeller Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Yep, by the airport. And yes I too have seen some monsters and a butt load of does in there, but somethings different this year. I'm not seeing anything. The corn field to the north is cut so they shouldn't be holed up in there. Hopefully my luck will turn saturday. And yes there is a managed hunt in there, and the airport is also having their own hunt on their property.

6. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I live just a few minutes north of 435 and 152 so I'm through there all the time.

There have been a lot of road killed deer in the last few days in the area. Kind of surprising you're not seeing more action unless there are just that many people spooking deer out of there.

There is a lot of sanctuary type ground not far north of there that I'm sure gets loaded with deer in a hurry when the pressure comes in.

7. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    I hunt 4 tracts of land within a few miles or less of Tiff Springs. Dead is right.
    Almost all the row crops around are down, there's some to the west of the airport still standing, but not enough to have every deer in the county holed up. :wave:
    We've seen no mature buck activity during daylight, no chasing, nothing close to any "rut" behavior. The does are still in family groups when you see'em. :shrug:
    If you need help pullin' one out of there, lemme know. I live real close by and hunt close by.

8. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    [rquote=1889878&tid=131640&author=Hoytshooter]
    There is a lot of sanctuary type ground not far north of there that I'm sure gets loaded with deer in a hurry when the pressure comes in.[/rquote]
    That sanctuary isn't where I did some TSI work awhile ago now is it? :whistle::wave:

9. Hoytshooter

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    lol....no, I'm more referring to the City owned property around the airport and the airport itself.

There is a VERY select few that get to hunt a BUNCH of land around the airport. With permission at least.

10. BMoeller

BMoeller Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Wings, got your number and if I need any assistance, I'll give ya a holla!

Thanks

PS. you don't need any help with those deer at your place do ya? I'm just a lowly traditional shooter and won't do any real damage :D

11. deadeye5

deadeye5 Active Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Kcmo
    i have a friend who has seen 25 does and 6 bucks and he has been out 4x
    he already shot two does monday
    i think he goes in a long ways not sure though