Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to shoot my pistols this afternoon. Showed a little improvement with the 380 and fired the 9mm for the first time. Have a long way to go with it even though it appears to have a very good trigger.

I play a game with the .22 that goes like this; I place 10 blue rock at various distances from a trail, approximatly 15 to 35 yards. Allow myself 2 rounds per target and calculate the percentage of hits for each tip. Today I was shooting around 50 to 60 %. My goal is 75% hits.

Does anyone else have a for fun shooting game they play?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I've been shooting .270 casings with my .17HMR at 50 yards.
I'm only shooting about 10% but considering I think it's decent.

When I shoot with my buddy next door we shot loose change. I think I got 4 hits on a quarter one day :dancin:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I like to go to the range, set up the target at the 7 yard line, and while everyone thinks I can not hit sht, all the while I am shooting at the pins I set on top of the stands that are the size of a nickle. The when I get one of the ****y students showing me their sht, I put on the perverbial Lethal Weapon and bust out the 8 shot happy face. Keep shooting that 9mm, develop that muscle memory and IF you ever need it in the home it will be there for you sir!

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I sort of play shooting games. After I shoot the centers of my targets beyond use, I like to shoot at the nails holding the targets up. I'm not really good at it, I've only hit one or two nails at 50 yards in the past 5 years of shooting. Usually I hit all around the nail until the target falls to the ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.