Thomas Hill Warm Arm

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by leaker19, Feb 1, 2006.

1. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    I did a search on the Conservation website and it indicates there is a wheelchair accessible fishing dock on the Thomas Hill Reservoir Warm Arm. Does anyone know if that is true? Can a guy in a wheelchair catch fish from it? Sometimes Consevation doesn't always place these things in the most advantageous areas. Are there any places on the bank you can get a wheelchair to?

Thanks . . . Leaker

2. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    I am not 100% sure of this, but I sure don't remimber seeing one. I have never got to fish this arm, but I do alot of boating down the arm in the summer. Most of the arm is steep banks along each side. At the end of the arm is a big pool that you might be able to fish but I am not sure.

3. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    Leaker,

I'll call my father-n-law and ask him.

4. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    called n-law and he said they do have a dock wasnt sure how accessible it would be do to low water area. Hope this helps

5. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    The water is very very low right now, the dock may be on dry ground but as the water comes up this spring you can catch alot off the dock.

6. Mr.Crappie

Mr.Crappie New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Northeast Missouri
    Hatch is correct. I was there this morning and the water level is quite low. You can still fish off of the boat ramp though. If I were you I would also look at fishing just north of the boat ramp. If you keep going straight at the boat ramp entrance there is an old concrete road bed that leads to the water. Just out of ways from the bank there is some brush and is a real good area for crappie. I saw some guys fishing there today and they were catching a few fish.

7. gdog

gdog New Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Yes there ar places where you can fish from the bank in the warm water arm andd

the good spot is the warm water boat ramp, they have a dock there.

8. Droptines

Droptines New Member

Nov 21, 2006
    Mexico, MO
    Leaker, not sure if you're trying to fish for a certain type of fish, but another great place that is accessible is at Bennett Springs. On this spot, you can choose to fish in zone 3 using natural baits like trout bites (cheese), or fish on the other side in zone 2 where you can fly fish or use lures on a regular rod and reel.