Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what to think. First of all I am pretty much ANTI-Game Ranch hunting, but I can tell that land owner was pissed. Here he has Dream Season in to film on his ranch and all those guys did (except a couple of team including Team Texas) was shoot very small bucks. I am sure he was looking for a future big payday off of the publicity.

Team Texas did harvest a very nice buck though.

They didnt even let the guys go back out the last day. The owner told them only to shoot 125" plus deer and what does Team Minnesota (I think it was them) do, shoot a 80" deer.

I have to admit, I like Team Texas so far, but I also like the guys sticking to bow hunting only.

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
Yelp that wasn't too professional of them. They knew what the Guy wanted killed.

I know a Guy here in Missouri had basically the same problem,people were paying to Deer Hunt.He was wanting them to shoot Mature Bucks,they was shooting the first one that stuck its Head out.He quit that.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin knows a Rat from a Mouse.

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
Oh No, once again it was team PA that screwed up and took a small buck after being told to go for 125 or better. MN took the buck with the little drop before the meeting. Don't blame the owner for being PO'd I'd of kicked those two out also. Their attitude was like "everyone else did so why can't we".

I hope this team does not win this thing. I don't think they represent most hunters in a good light. Go team TX

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
OK.........I just gots to ax.

I ain't watched an episode and won't.

But........how come you would have only a 125" limit on a game ranch? That could be a respectable limit for mature hunters on "the outside!"

And then, How come anyone would shoot something on a game ranch that was less than that?

Maybe my ignorance comes from not watching the show, but if that's the case, I'll remain ignorant.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Wait... I thought the point of the show Dream Season was to have hunters go to different parcels of private and public land, that was ALL non-high fenced and see how they could do.

I haven't seen the show in acouple years, (and I can't because of a lack of the Outdoor Channel, or whatever it's on cause it's not on OLN) and I guess I missed something when I used to watch it.

Did the show change a bit, or have they always hunted on high fenced rances in addition to the contrary?

And you know what... I agree with DSG's questions! :wave:

·
White Board Man
14,373 Posts
Yeah I think it was a free ranging ranch. Those guys from PA are bad publicity for hunting, week or so before one of them were still drunk coming morning and wanted to hit the stand still.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
OK.........I just gots to ax.

I ain't watched an episode and won't.

But........how come you would have only a 125" limit on a game ranch? That could be a respectable limit for mature hunters on "the outside!"

And then, How come anyone would shoot something on a game ranch that was less than that?

Maybe my ignorance comes from not watching the show, but if that's the case, I'll remain ignorant.
I just gots to ax, Why would anyone waste their time watching a show like this when there are tree rats out there to be had and fish to be caught? I think I'd rather clean the gutters but that's just me!

:wave::D:rotfl::hysterical:

·
Registered
21,440 Posts
I caught the tail end of the show and I wondered what was up. Earlier I'd seen them shoot what looked to be a small young buck. Later, I didn't even have the sound on, and I saw Dr. Grant Woods - so I don't know what he said, turned up the volume and two big ole boys was just railing on the other hunters for shooting small deer. I guess they made the whole group quit a day or two early. I didn't see Mark or Terry say anything good or bad, did they say anything about it?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,454 Posts
Team PA missed the meeting the previous day about shooting 125" or better. Seems they don't care about what rules are put in place. I don't see much hope for them.

I like team TX and how they approach their hunting. Team KY is the team that decided to go bow only. Good luck to them. They've had some bad luck so far.

·
Registered
453 Posts
dang it I missed it. I agree the PA boys are bad buisness for the show and the sport. Team Texas has my vote thus far.

·
Registered
17,356 Posts
they are pretty bad hunters. drunk all night and wanting to go huntin. This weeks show was an embarrassment. they shot one good buck(good job team tx.) and the rest shot 1 1/2 year olds. what is that about. mark and terry never said a word. and i agree with the team that smashed down the other teams that took the smaller bucks and they shouldnt have been allowed to hunt that next morning i would have had those guys gone that night without coming back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:peepwall:
Hi everyone,
Scott from Team Texas here.
Just wanted to stop in and give a little insight.

The Oklahoma Group Hunt was held a place called TI Valley Ranch. I can't recall for certain how many acres, HUGE like 18,000 acres (I remember the Ranch Manager mentioning 54 miles of property line)! Anyhow, no high fences, deer running here and there and all 5 teams were hunted an 8,000 acre portion of it. This was Kimberly and my shortest drive to hunt all season, at a right near (3) hours. Our closest place to hunt in Texas is near the same distance so we really enjoyed the proximity. TI Valley is located south of McAlester, OK or up US-75 from Dallas, TX.

At the time we had our Group Hunt (weekend before Thanksgiving) Dr. Grant Woods told us about some of his future plans for the property. Dr. Woods and his associates were going to be doing some major work on the property, adding numerous food plots, doing prescribed burns, and doe harvests to help with deer ratios. The property has some very nice animals on it and on the end of the show there is mention of how you can contact Dr. Grant Woods regarding more info on the TI Valley Ranch.

The show comes on a couple more times this week. Actually in 10 minutes, 6:30am on Thursday and again Friday evening/Saturday morning at 12:30am. Our VCR tape had run out so we only saw the beginning of the last show.

Kimberly sure was excited with her first gun killed deer. I am looking up at Kimberly's "Missouri Birthday Doe" and OUR "OK Dreambuck" right now, my best ever (151 for those who count inches, 16 points with a half of a forked G-2 broken off) Kimberly likes to tell everyone how she let me shoot him!? This buck is exactly the reason we opted to use the muzzle-loader on this hunt (I didn't want to be hunting one of these great places during our Dream Season and have the biggest buck of our hunting life walk by at 40,50,60...125 yards and be holding my Hoyt)! Sure glad we were able to get our Omega to hit something after our horrible performance at the Missouri Group Hunt muzzle-loader competition.

Why am I up on the computer right now??? Kimberly & I just finished our drive to Texas from Wisconsin a few hours ago and I wanted to read what people thought about the show on various forums?

We had our baby (2) weeks ago - [Kimberly had been in the Marshfield WI hospital on Dr. ordered bedrest for a month after we visited for my 20-year class reunion]. Anyhow, our 2 other kiddos stayed at my parents in Wisconsin and I flew back and forth 2x's (thanks to friends in our bible study - frequent flyer mile tickets) and we just drove back with our newest addition "Annika Remington". She was a month early and is a little over 5 pounds.

I have to go, but appreciate all the nice words about how things have been going for Kimberly & myself. I also want to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes that we have received while Kimberly and the baby have been in the hospital. Mom & Baby are doing great!

I hope you enjoy the remainder of the season.

Scott & Kimberly:wave:
Team TEXAS
Dream Season 3

·
Registered
936 Posts
Congrats on the harvest of a mature animal. Just having the oppritunity to hunt in many states is a dream season. Those other teams should realize that & follow what rules are set. If they just wanted to harvest a deer then take a doe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.