Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Don't mind me
9,643 Posts
Maybe I'll throw my bow in my rod box, but unless a big boy is swimming the MO river and gets tangled in my lines, they are safe from me this weekend..

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
it is bizzare how one year to the next can be sooooo different!
I normally have lots of acorns but this year I have very few. I think that is hurting me the most. Now 2 ridges over on the neighbors, they have acorns.

·
Grrrrrrr
30,007 Posts
I'm not able to hunt due to work and family obligations but if I could I certainly would and I'd be optimistic that I might see some rut activity. Scrapes are opened back up...have been for just over a week. All it takes is a doe that didn't get bred the first time she came in heat to come in again or a younger doe getting her first heat to bring the bucks in. I'd hunt where the most does are and I'd try to keep from bumping them. It won't happen for everyone everywhere but for sure there will be more does come in. Can't witness it if you aren't in the stand.

I get to start hunting again right after Christmas so I'll likely miss it. I'm hoping for severe cold to bring in the new year and if we get it, I'll use some vacation.

·
Registered
24,265 Posts
I'm not able to hunt due to work and family obligations but if I could I certainly would and I'd be optimistic that I might see some rut activity. Scrapes are opened back up...have been for just over a week. All it takes is a doe that didn't get bred the first time she came in heat to come in again or a younger doe getting her first heat to bring the bucks in. I'd hunt where the most does are and I'd try to keep from bumping them. It won't happen for everyone everywhere but for sure there will be more does come in. Can't witness it if you aren't in the stand.

I get to start hunting again right after Christmas so I'll likely miss it. I'm hoping for severe cold to bring in the new year and if we get it, I'll use some vacation.
Super easy to start finding reasons not to hunt now, or get sloppy and show up late/ leave early. Good luck to everyone still grinding!

·
Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,694 Posts
Super easy to start finding reasons not to hunt now, or get sloppy and show up late/ leave early. Good luck to everyone still grinding!
I took more vacation starting the 17th through the 4th. I need to kill something.

·
Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,694 Posts
I have one day left!!! Late season can be more than amazing for the grinders! Of which I have few days remaking
Killed two of my biggest on Dec 28 and Dec 31st back to back years. I highly doubt any of that happens this year, but I have a pistol that needs to do some shootin.

Reactions: 20'

·
5,091 Posts
We had a great season as far as harvest goes. We had an incredible trail cam year.

We saw almost zero legal bucks during bow or rifle. I’m fact Tacketts big boy was first legal buck we saw during regular November season.
My buck was the second legal buck I had seen. Passed on a nice 2 yr old 8 but that was it for bucks.

·
Under appreciated
90,840 Posts
Deercast says Saturday is going to be good in the morning and great in the afternoon. There is a front moving through.

Course, it said “bad” yesterday in my area and I had arguably the best sit of the season, saw 14 deer from 2:30 til dark.

Good luck all. I’m shopping for a slick but not sure I can bring myself to shoot one today or tomorrow with the temperatures so warm. Saturday only supposed to be up to low 40s for a high I think, colder in the north.

Reactions: letemgrow

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,952 Posts
Sposed to be windy as a mo-fo Friday night with 30+ mph gusts. :D

21 - 38 of 38 Posts