This really chaps my @$$

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by Chase635, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Chase635

Chase635 New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    This really chaps my @$$ i would most likely catch a charge if i was at one of these funerals, What a bunch of cowards!

Full story>>> http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,184623,00.html
    Monday, February 13, 2006

By Kelley Beaucar Vlahos

WASHINGTON — It was a typical scenario for the Westboro Baptist Church — another demonstration outside the funeral of a soldier killed in Iraq. This time the venue was Meadowood Baptist Church in Midwest City, Okla., noted a full rundown of the event recorded later by church members on their Web site.

The signs held by members that Feb. 2 were dutifully noted on the church's web-journal: "Steve held 'Thank God for Dead Soldiers,' 'You're Going to Hell' and 'Fags Doom Nations' while Shirl held 'America is Doomed,' 'God is America's Terror' and 'Don't Worship the Dead' with a flag tied around her waist."

The Kansas-based church, which believes God is punishing America for its tolerance of homosexuality by sending home U.S. soldiers "in body bags," chose as one of its most recent demonstration sites the funeral of Army Staff Sgt. Lance Chase, 32, father of two sons, who died from a roadside bomb while on duty in Iraq on Jan. 23. On Sunday, Westboro's adherents traveled to Yankton, S.D., to the memorial service for 21-year-old Army National Guard Spc. Allen D. Kokesh, Jr.

As a result of their unwelcome presence at these and other memorials, at least 14 states are considering measures to ban demonstrations outside of funeral services.

2. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    Check out the Patriot Guard Riders. They are the ones that go to these funerals at the request of the family and block the protesters from the view of the family. Great group of guys. You don't have to ride to be a member.

www.patriotguard.org

3. MO Boy

MO Boy New Member

Jul 24, 2004
    pettis county
    I could see that causing one hell of a fight around this area. Some people will do anything for attention.

MO Boy:wave:

4. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    This more than chaps my @$$. It's about time somebody stepped forward and put an end to this BS...:mad::mad::mad: Our very own Hunter7X is one of the Patriotguard riders.:cheers:

Jack

5. Big John

Big John New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    This has been an issue all over the forums and no one likes it one bit. Hey Mr. Phelps duck:sniper::peepwall:

6. MO Boy

MO Boy New Member

Jul 24, 2004
    pettis county
    Sorry about my spelling, I didn't even think about it guys.

:bangin:

MO Boy:wave:

7. Chase635

Chase635 New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Thanks for the link i think i found an organzation i want to support.

8. T- Bone

T- Bone New Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Wayne County Iowa
    It is a shame. I would say the one they claim to praise, has to look down on their actions with some sad eyes.

9. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    I don't think they'll be in Indiana any time soon.

Reed was a member before I was but yes I will ride with them again anytime we are invited.

10. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    No problem. They are definitely an organization to support. I belong too. I'll ride with them if I can, just hope I never have too.