Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
13,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and I put in at Coffmann around 3pm. We hit a few our go to docks to start off with, but they were void of crappie. Decided to run towards the back of a creek arm and graph some secondary points. Got lucky and found a good one with a bunch of shad and crappie in short order. Took me and my buddy about an hour to get our two limits. Lots of nice black crappie. Several were 12-13". A few white crappie mixed in as well that weren't nearly as meaty as the blacks. The fish were anywhere from 2' off the bank to directly under the boat. My buddy used Monkey Milk and I used black/chart and orange/chart and we went fish for fish nearly the entire time so color didn't really matter.

Door Fixture Road surface Wood Grey
Sky Tree Recreation Fish Hat

· 2 Corinthians 5:10
1,819 Posts
Nice ones there! Strong work.

· Registered
13,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Getting the fever.....
It's feast or famine right now. You can spend all day looking for fish, but they are loaded up pretty thick when you do find them. After we finished up our two limits, I graphed similar areas in other parts of the lake to see if I could repeat the pattern and never did find any more groups of crappie.

· Registered
13,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you tried Truman yet? No docks there so what should I look for?
I wouldn't know where to even begin on that lake to be honest. The only two times I've been on that lake was during late May near the State Park. Crappie are starting to move up shallow near rock and close to deep water on a local lake that I fish. Not sure if that is a pattern on Truman or not.

· Registered
13,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Apparently I need someone with a graph to take me fishin'! o_O
My graph has saved my bacon more when it comes to crappie fishing than anything else by far. Side imaging lets you drive by a dock or brush pile and see whether there are fish there before you even make a cast. It also makes finding brush and cover in new waters a breeze since you're scanning a 200' of water instead of a small area directly beneath the transducer.

· Registered
4,264 Posts
Been looking and wishing for lake property but have no idea what area of Lake of the Ozarks draws down so much all you have is mud under your dock. Can you believe realtors?
Were @ 8 miles downstream from Truman dam. We're lucky on a good day to have 3ft of water under the dock. It doesn't bother me that they draw down the lake in winter. What bothers me is that they wait till almost memorial day to bring it back up which means we can't go down and put our boats in and fish the crappie spawn. Also some of the best spoonbilling is in the stretch of river right out in front of the cabin.

· Full Fledged Member
4,928 Posts
Another few weeks before i can take the boat out, so i'm stranded on the dock (first world problems :)), hoping to see a few more this weekend.

@seth_turner_04 , do you fish that Coffmann area often? My neighbor is an exclusive crappie guy, and he seems to leave our area to hit spots over there all summer after the dock fishing wanes. Must be something to it....but he's not willing to download his GPS data into my phone just yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.