Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I feel your pain. Except I'm having fun.

They are taunting me now. Almost no gobbling this morning. We heard 4 birds , but they gobbled once or twice and that was it.

I went and cut some autumn olive and picked a few mushrooms. The Thunder was getting closer so I headed back to the crap shack. I saw 6 long beards in the fields in the bottom on my way back.

I will be there in the morning to see if the wet weather makes them use those fields in the morning.

· Jenny's Lackey
47,886 Posts
I just came in from mushroom hunting. Last stop I flushed a hen off her nest. 10 eggs. While I was taking a pic, flushed another hen off the nest 50 yds away. Didn't go over to count the eggs, but could see she had a clutch. We're gonna sacrifice that mushroom spot to the mushroom gods in hopes they'll hatch a bunch of those eggs.

· Registered
21,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to hear that Randy. The farm the broken egg was from has increased their cattle numbers substantially. I wonder if all the tromping of new trails feeding and traveling made it easier for this predator to find the nest.

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
I bumped a hen off nest on Friday when scouting for a place to sit sat morning, looked like 10+ eggs on that nest. Decided to not hunt that spot Sat morning and let her be.

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
Hens on the nest is a good thing. Yesterday was the first time all season I saw hens on the move without gobblers in tow. And, of course, the cattle effed me again.

Hang in there Joe... I'd be very surprised if your tags go unused this spring.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Do we count your Nebraska jake that I talked you into an on purpose jake or not on purpose jake? :stir: :D
It was not on purpose. It is just a reminder that I knew this day would come. If I could have only been there saying shot him shot him.:D:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.