Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
33,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pete and I slipped into my lil farm this morning for a little listen. Safe to say it was a pretty noisy morning, good gobbling on the roost and better when they hit the ground. 4 gobblers and at least three jakes were doing turkey things when we left.
Hopefully they do the same tomorrow and there will be a little less gobbling if our game plan works.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I hope they do turkey stuff in front of your blind this morning. :tup:

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Been a very eventful morning. 7 jakes and 6 2 year olds and 9 deer.The only thing to come into the setup was a jake. The 2 year olds skirted by at 60 yards gobbling their heads off but I could not get one to break free. But a Great morning so far.
Mark

· Registered
32,993 Posts
Blew a chance for me this morning. Was in a bad position, bird spotted me adjusting and off he went. My dad shot one about 10:30, and then we got checked by a warden at the vehicles. Everything was on the up and up so he offered a jake to us that he confiscated earlier in the day. My uncle took it home.

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
Blew a chance for me this morning. Was in a bad position, bird spotted me adjusting and off he went. My dad shot one about 10:30, and then we got checked by a warden at the vehicles. Everything was on the up and up so he offered a jake to us that he confiscated earlier in the day. My uncle took it home.
the agent gave you confiscated game? Never heard that before I guess.

· Registered
32,993 Posts
the agent gave you confiscated game? Never heard that before I guess.
Yeah, gave my uncle a disposition tag and told him to keep with the bird.

· Registered
485 Posts
Had 5 jakes come in and spend half the morning flogging my jake decoy. Knocked him off the stake then took turns kicking him and pecking him in the head. 3 gobblers showed up and the jakes decided it was time to leave. Gobblers never presented a decent bow shot. Maybe tomorrow.......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.