THIS IS NOT GOOD.

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by hazelvillebucks, Jan 3, 2018.

1. hazelvillebucks

hazelvillebucks Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Just checked the mdc site and cwd positives inside of the management zones has jumped from 3 positive to 9 positives. The chart showing positives by county this testing season has Macon county with 2 more and 4 in Linn county.
    Apparently the map showing where the positives came from has not been updated . Only the three previous ones from down south are on that map.It looks like the total for Linn county is now 5 , there was one in Linn county a couple years ago.

2. manitou1

manitou1 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Truman Lake

3. Vikestand

Vikestand Over There

Well, guess I can eat mine now.

[​IMG]

4. Lazarus

Lazarus Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Needmore, serious
    Great. There goes another big chunk of the deer population in Linn and Macon counties. Kill them all before they die.

DCSarchette and 20' like this.
  5. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Senior Hunter

They will always find positives as long as they are testing. I guess they will plan to kill hundreds more deer instead of the few positives dying on their own. I heard they found a new cure for the flu that's going around.

bowhuntKS and 20' like this.
  6. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    That's what they are doing for the flu. Just kill the bunch that are really sick and decrease the overall population of the world and hence, less cases of flu for the future.:banging:

Jagermeister likes this.
  7. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I found the cure for the flu, it's working great for me.... :wave1: Irish-Flu-Shots.jpg

8. deep woods goat hunter

deep woods goat hunter I'm not crazy, I just want it more than you.

9. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    That Jack D isn't Irish :wink4:

10. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Ever met an Irishman that didn't like whiskey? As a matter of fact, this particular Irishman, loves him some Scotch, even though the Scottish are deplorable in just about every other way. :D

11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Easy guys.... nottin a little redbush cant solve...

callaojoe likes this.
  12. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Love a nice red bush. :wave1:

tcwild likes this.
  13. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Speaking of which Rat, I got another one you need to try.... Probably even like it better than the Red Bush, although it's a bit darker. :tup:

14. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I like my red bush neat

Might have to try it.

15. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    No doubt. :D

Jamesons Cask Mates - Stout Edition. Just don't put your stout in the red bush though, they don't mix well. :D

16. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    As far as mixing, I'll say there is nothing like enjoying a big ole fatty piece of brisket before moving on to the red bush.

Wait, that was the night before. :D

17. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Kept wanting to pull the Spaulding Smails and ask, "Are you going to eat your fat?"

That stuff was rich, and If'n I remember right, we killed off the bottle of Red Bush right afterwards... As well as a few other things. :D

18. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    even killing them all won't solve the problem, unless of course we kill all the penned deer as well.

The MDC is not smarter, better or more capable of dealing with this than MOTHER NATURE!!!! Leave it the eff alone!

DCSarchette and bucksnguns like this.
  19. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    want to look for a solution, giddy up, but killing them isn't solving or slowing a dang thang!

DCSarchette likes this.
  20. hazelvillebucks

hazelvillebucks Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Today the map is updated 2 of the Linn county positives show a jump of 11or 12 miles . The west yellow creek joins the east yellow creek and mussel fork drainage's.Those positives sit on the Sullivan county border.I guess Grundy and Livingston can be welcomed to the growing list of watch counties.