This freaking sucks!!!

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Arrow Flinger, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Arrow Flinger

Arrow Flinger Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Kearney
    So I have been hunting this land for just 2 years now and have a very good relationship with the owner. So about 10 minutes ago I get a phone call from a guy saying I need to call the owner he wants to speak with me. I know the voice on the other end of the phone and he is a guy that also hunts this land and he is a big jerk. He proceeds to tell me that the farm has been leased which I know for a fact is a flat out lie but long story short the owner said he is not letting anybody hunt out there any more. The other guy that caused all this mess is a freaking cry baby little jerk that walks in at 7 in the morning sits until 9 and calls it a day. This is the only property I had to hunt so now I don't know what to do. Couldn't have happened at a better time either. I had some good deer on camera and had them patterned and finally figured out but what do ya do. I guess I have to hang up the ole hoyt for the year and try to figure something out for next year. Thanks for letting me vent......

[Edited by SHEDHEAD & sand_manms]

2. hun10

hun10 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Up A Creek
    Lots of good public CAs to hunt. That is what I would do. Get a climber and get lost in some big timber.:02: Still sucks tho. Sorry about that.

3. Arrow Flinger

Arrow Flinger Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Kearney
    What are some good CA around Kearney/Excelsior? I have tried Smithville and the pressure out there is unreal!

4. hun10

hun10 Senior Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Up A Creek
    Not real sure bud, but I bet someone on here can help ya. I would go to the bow only places if it were me and walk as far as anyone would care to and then walk about another 1/4 mile. Find some food and hunt the does and the bucks will be around this time of year. Look for rubs and scrapes and other deer sign and just sit in that climber in a spot that just looks good. Things happen for a reason and you could just happen to smack an absolute monster. Not joking either.

5. 160983

160983 Guest

Sorry about your troubles.

Do the google earth thing and download the MDC google earth file. It will offer to download google chrome - I did not like google chrome and removed it. In doing so it screws up a few things. I would select "no" on that option.

X2 on the archery only thing if possible.

I just did a quick look at bonanza CA. Although it is not archery only it is not overun with parking areas and the western piece of it has only one parking area. Has a creek on the north, timber, and cropfields all around.

There are BIG deer on CA's and a good day walking scouting on one Im sure you could find a spot.:)

6. ad870

ad870 New Member

Oct 11, 2006
    NE Arkansas
    Don't know the name of it but we used to shoot bows up at the CA in Platte City. I killed a turkey there. Some good looking land and pretty close to where you are. Been in your shoes and it's not fun for sure. :mad2:

7. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    I feel your pain and know where your coming from. We hunted 300 hundred acres for a long time, then last season a couple of yaho's snuck on during rifle season and another guy that had permission to hunt it complained and threw a fit so to make it easy for himself, the owner just said NO ONE hunts. now I hunt a 10 acre parcel

8. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    Little Bean Marsh (I think thats the name) & Guy B Park are 2 of the smaller ones that aren't totally over run, Platte Falls is a ZOO.

9. deadeye5

deadeye5 Active Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Kcmo
    [rquote=1876347&tid=130690&author=Jusadog]Sorry about your troubles.

Do the google earth thing and download the MDC google earth file. It will offer to download google chrome - I did not like google chrome and removed it. In doing so it screws up a few things. I would select "no" on that option.

I just did a quick look at bonanza CA. Although it is not archery only it is not overun with parking areas and the western piece of it has only one parking area. Has a creek on the north, timber, and cropfields all around.

There are BIG deer on CA's and a good day walking scouting on one Im sure you could find a spot.:)[/rquote]bonanza is gonna get craaaaaazy here soon my cousin leases 500 acres nrext to it and he has seen over 20 orange bodies at once from about 500yds away through binos
    and i know from experience 116 going into polo looks like 1-70 opening morning when our group eats at red rooster
    he already shot a 163 there he sees about 40+deer opening day cause they all leave the CA
    sorry id be scared to death being a deer there opening day
    good luck to you ive scouted smithville and it doesnt seem to crowded

10. 160983

160983 Guest

[rquote=1876582&tid=130690&author=deadeye5][rquote=1876347&tid=130690&author=Jusadog]Sorry about your troubles.

There are BIG deer on CA's and a good day walking scouting on one Im sure you could find a spot.:)[/rquote]bonanza is gonna get craaaaaazy here soon my cousin leases 500 acres nrext to it and he has seen over 20 orange bodies at once from about 500yds away through binos
    and i know from experience 116 going into polo looks like 1-70 opening morning when our group eats at red rooster
    he already shot a 163 there he sees about 40+deer opening day cause they all leave the CA
    sorry id be scared to death being a deer there opening day
    good luck to you ive scouted smithville and it doesnt seem to crowded[/rquote]

Good luck at smithville. I think that is where one of my KC buddies hunts. He does well there every year as he has a honey hole there somewhere.:cheers:

11. ymurf

ymurf Active Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Steelville, Mo.
    I been in your shoes twice. It sucks.

12. bigredhusker

bigredhusker Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Liberty Missouri
    just posted something I saw on craigslist .. firewood cutting for shared hunting.. just a thought

13. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Missouri
    [rquote=1876315&tid=130690&author=Arrow Flinger]What are some good CA around Kearney/Excelsior? I have tried Smithville and the pressure out there is unreal![/rquote]

There is a CA off NE 162nd I believe which is NE of Kearney. There is also one down by Orrick that not many people know about. U2U me and I can help ya find it or even meet ya down there one day. I haven't hunted it yet, but I'd like to find some time to do so this year.

14. Arrow Flinger

Arrow Flinger Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Kearney
    update on my situation. I got permission to hunt the 80 acres that borders the property I lost. This piece is better because its where the deer bed. Oh man now I just got excited again!!!!

15. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
  16. Judah

Judah Crossbow supporter

Oct 19, 2007
    Warren County
  17. ckbuck

ckbuck New Member

Feb 24, 2010
  18. bvp81

bvp81 Active Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Chaffee, Mo
    Glad to see things worked out. Good Luck.:cheers:

19. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    they say when one door closes another opens..but I generally just stub my toe on the closed one.
    Glad it worked out for ya!

20. BMoeller

BMoeller Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    The CA near Orrick is basically a duck hunting area. Up in the hills part gets pressured really good. Then just down the road is another part where the boat ramp is. There is a section that is locked up by land and the Mo. river only or supposedly accessed by boat. Been there done that. Its good on the land locked section.

U2U sent to ya about another area!