Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are everyones goals this season. I am trying to kill my first buck with a bow. I passed on several forkhorns, spikes small 6, etc. Hopefully the right one will walk by. O and my biggest goal to hepl my buddy kill his first animal with a bow. I helped him kill his first turkey so im goin to help him with his first deer with a bow

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
Well someone asked this the onther day and my answer was not serious. But it got me to thinking. I had an awesome season this past year adn to top it would be fantastic.
So here's mine...in order of seasons

Fill my Elk archery tag with any Elk
Shoot at least a P & Y caliber whitetail buck
Help my son kill a nicer buck than he did last year.
Shoot a Turkey with my bow
Shoot something other than an Eastern Turkey

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Bowhunter, keep passin up those little ones, it'll pay off!!!

I guess my goals would be along the same lines...slip an arrah between the ribs of a nice PnY buck, help the daughter do the same...Draw my Iowa tag, kill a booner...Take another biggun with the Muzzleloader, help daughter do the same...lol!!! That should bout cover it!!!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Well...

Archery:
Harvest two deer (Atleaste one being a buck)
Above would be my first... cause I haven't taken anything with a bow.

Gun:
Shoot a buck, and if not... take a nice doe in the snow. :D

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
(1) Couple does for the freezer
(2) Get a wallhanger buck that is bigger than anything currently on the wall.

·
Registered
348 Posts
my plan was to find a shed from the buck i have on film and try to take him with my bow. since i didnt find the sheds i will be doing a lot of scouting and putting my name on a specific buck. i love the challenege of hunting one buck. well see what happens

·
Cooler Semi-Elitist
4,906 Posts
Well, my goals are a little bit lower this year I spose. My 4th child should be arrving right around the 1st of October so hunting during the month or so after that could be extremely limited.

I don't forsee me getting to go on much in the weeks leading up to the birth to Bowling Green where I normally hunt. Luckily I have at least one and maybe a second spot right here in ol St. Charles county where I should be able to sneak out and stick one. Since I got a new bow I really just want to take one or two deer with it. They could both be does and I would be just tickled pink.

I hope to get my oldest son out with me some more just as a tag along, and dunno if he will be ready to hunt this fall, if not they certainly as a prep for next gun season.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
(1) Put the finishing touches on "The Barn"
(2) Continue to plan for the 2nd Annual MWT Campout
(3) Kill another big buck
(4) HOPEFULLY, tend to a pregnant wife
(5) Study for the 21 hours of college that I will be taking

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
This will be my younger (adopted) brother's first season and I get to take him out during youth season...SO, my first goal is to get him ADDICTED to deer hunting!

Second goal is to harvest a wallhanger with my bow (and actually hang him up). I have shot a couple bucks that I would categorize as a "wallhanger"...but have never had the funds to actually hang them.

Third goal would be to harvest a deer on the land that I was granted access to hunt on, be it by bow or gun.

And last goal is to harvest a Turk with my bow.

Good Luck to you all this Fall!!!!:wave:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Help Baby Booches get another deer.

Help Little Booches get another deer.

Take my first deer with a bow (I've decided not to be so picky - last year I held out for a trophy, and didn't get a shot - this year - patience my a**, I'm gonna kill something)

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by Hayzer
(1) Put the finishing touches on "The Barn"
(2) Continue to plan for the 2nd Annual MWT Campout
(3) Kill another big buck
(4) HOPEFULLY, tend to a pregnant wife
(5) Study for the 21 hours of college that I will be taking
I could help ya wit one of these...HINT, I wasn't vewy good at cowedge...lol

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
get my daughter to shoot another biggun,kill three booners for me and a monster 400 bull from wyoming and i wold be happy as a lark and wouldn't even try to kill some turks

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
my main goal is to get out, last fall I spent my time in bagdad so anytime now is a blessing:cheers:
but my secondary goals are
1. my oldest boy wants to hunt deer and he has a .243 now so hopefully I can get him a deer.
2. run a small trapline all season long and run a large trapline for 1-2 weeks straight (if I can get leave)

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
1) Take my 8 year old boy out and get him a big buck

2) Well being I took a doe last year and it was my 1st year ever bow hunting I like to get me a nice buck, I saw a 12, 10 and a couple 8 pointers but never got a shot off. A lot of it was me just not ready to fling it 40 yards, but I have practice a ton and will keep doing it all summer to I am ready for him this year

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Going back out west with my son to hunt Mule deer and will try to hold out for that 30 incher if I can.

Jack

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by JackJr
Going back out west with my son to hunt Mule deer and will try to hold out for that 30 incher if I can.

Jack
Good luck to ya Jack....where ya headin?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
well my goal is to try be in the woods as often as possible, even though i didnt kill a deer with my bow last year. I have a great time watching the tree rats, and the 2 gray fox i saw twice that sayed around looking in every log stump or hollow tree, never heard one till then they make a funny sound. saw 2 bobcats but could never get a shot and yes i did see a few whitetails but never had a good clear close shot. So if work and the wife see fit to let me go, my goal is just to get out and see what god has so beautifully laid out for us to enjoy.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.