Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:claphands: Here's an idea I've been thinking about for several years.....before deer calls, duck calls, goose calls, etc. I got inspired by a fellow call maker to make more of an effort to give this a run in the last couple weeks.

A custom owl hooter! No plastic guts, no plastic anything. Just some good measurements with help from some good people!

This is a prototype. No sanding, no finishing. I just wanted to see if I could get the sound.......and it sounds to me like I nailed what I was looking for!

I popped a wooden plug in the end of the barrel rather than gluing a cap on it, and I made the mouth peice by spinning the wood in my hands against my belt sander. I then glued the mouth peice on using super glue.

I dunno when I'll get my first chance to make a completely finished one, but I'm sure looking forward to it!

*I'm not taking any orders, just showing the idea. :cheers:

Parker

[file]82432[/file]

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
sure, you twisted my arm...I'll take the first one:claphands:

note: you cant post something like that with a disclaimer stating your not taking orders.:D

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by Jeremy]

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[rquote=1497520&tid=104509&author=Mailman]Looks a bit on the fragile side on the blow tube.:shrug:[/rquote]

Lynch and Eight Hooter has been making them that way for years. :shrug:

Parker

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Kinda the same principle as the old hickory whistles we used to make.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Looks good VInce. You got talent with that call making thing. :eek:: :wave:

·
Registered
69,790 Posts
[rquote=1497611&tid=104509&author=Grumpy]Kinda the same principle as the old hickory whistles we used to make.
[/rquote]

Are you and I the only ones that made those?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Nice to see another person jump in the ring and make the ole barrel owl hooters!!! Those were always my favorite kind to use.

Great job on the first one!

·
Under appreciated
89,819 Posts
[rquote=1504349&tid=104509&author=Mr_Hannibal]why in the world would ya want to call in an owl.....:D:D:D[/rquote]

Yea... thats what I was thinking.

If you really want to locate turkeys, start making a "cardoorclosing" call. :D:D

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
[rquote=1504349&tid=104509&author=Mr_Hannibal]why in the world would ya want to call in an owl.....:D:D:D[/rquote]

owls is tasty. :eek:

·
Under appreciated
89,819 Posts
[rquote=1504358&tid=104509&author=BigJake][rquote=1504349&tid=104509&author=Mr_Hannibal]why in the world would ya want to call in an owl.....:D:D:D[/rquote]

owls is tasty. :eek:[/rquote]

Whoo whooo wants to eat an owl? :D :peepwall:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1504359&tid=104509&author=rat][rquote=1504358&tid=104509&author=BigJake][rquote=1504349&tid=104509&author=Mr_Hannibal]why in the world would ya want to call in an owl.....:D:D:D[/rquote]

owls is tasty. :eek:[/rquote]

Whoo whooo wants to eat an owl? :D :peepwall:[/rquote]

I hear tell that Hooters taste like Chicken!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Under appreciated
89,819 Posts
:claphands::claphands::claphands:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts