Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:claphands: Here's an idea I've been thinking about for several years.....before deer calls, duck calls, goose calls, etc. I got inspired by a fellow call maker to make more of an effort to give this a run in the last couple weeks.

A custom owl hooter! No plastic guts, no plastic anything. Just some good measurements with help from some good people!

This is a prototype. No sanding, no finishing. I just wanted to see if I could get the sound.......and it sounds to me like I nailed what I was looking for!

I popped a wooden plug in the end of the barrel rather than gluing a cap on it, and I made the mouth peice by spinning the wood in my hands against my belt sander. I then glued the mouth peice on using super glue.

I dunno when I'll get my first chance to make a completely finished one, but I'm sure looking forward to it!

*I'm not taking any orders, just showing the idea. :cheers:

Parker

[file]82432[/file]

·
Registered
31,299 Posts
sure, you twisted my arm...I'll take the first one:claphands:

note: you cant post something like that with a disclaimer stating your not taking orders.:D

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by Jeremy]

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[rquote=1497520&tid=104509&author=Mailman]Looks a bit on the fragile side on the blow tube.:shrug:[/rquote]

Lynch and Eight Hooter has been making them that way for years. :shrug:

Parker

·
Registered
70,771 Posts
[rquote=1497611&tid=104509&author=Grumpy]Kinda the same principle as the old hickory whistles we used to make.
[/rquote]

Are you and I the only ones that made those?

·
Under appreciated
92,929 Posts
[rquote=1504349&tid=104509&author=Mr_Hannibal]why in the world would ya want to call in an owl.....:D:D:D[/rquote]

Yea... thats what I was thinking.

If you really want to locate turkeys, start making a "cardoorclosing" call. :D:D

·
Under appreciated
92,929 Posts
[rquote=1504358&tid=104509&author=BigJake][rquote=1504349&tid=104509&author=Mr_Hannibal]why in the world would ya want to call in an owl.....:D:D:D[/rquote]

owls is tasty. :eek:[/rquote]

Whoo whooo wants to eat an owl? :D :peepwall:

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
[rquote=1504359&tid=104509&author=rat][rquote=1504358&tid=104509&author=BigJake][rquote=1504349&tid=104509&author=Mr_Hannibal]why in the world would ya want to call in an owl.....:D:D:D[/rquote]

owls is tasty. :eek:[/rquote]

Whoo whooo wants to eat an owl? :D :peepwall:[/rquote]

I hear tell that Hooters taste like Chicken!!!:cheers::wave:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.