Thinkin about turning the AC on

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by leasburg, May 24, 2009.

1. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    The wife claims shes hot? I was trying to hold out a little longer

2. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    hmm mine said tha few minutes ago.i just ignored her:D

3. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    Mine has been on for a few weeks now.
    I would much rather pay to keep the house at 70 than deal with the hormonal person that is going through menopause having hot flashes.

4. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    [rquote=1273923&tid=89185&author=htredneck]Mine has been on for a few weeks now.
    I would much rather pay to keep the house at 70 than deal with the hormonal person that is going through menopause having hot flashes.[/rquote]
    cool air and cold beers thet best medicine for menopause for sure. oh and a comfy couch too.:pop::pop::pop::pop:

5. ross331

ross331 Active Member

Oct 15, 2008
    richmond
    ours has been on for a few weeks also, just set to about 73 and its off most of the time. hard to sleep during the day while your pulling in warm humid air

6. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    I turned mine on, on Derby Day, (May 2nd) but it gets hot and humid quicker here in Kaintuck than it does in Missouri (hard to believe, but true). That, and the white noise it makes at night, help me sleep better.;)

7. Squatch

Squatch New Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Barnhart, Mo
    Almost broke down and turned it on yesterday, it's no fun napping when you're drenched in sweat.

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1273940&tid=89185&author=Squatch]Almost broke down and turned it on yesterday, it's no fun napping when you're drenched in sweat.[/rquote]
    No doubt. I been doing the off and on for couple weeks now.

The basement is always nice and cool. Got in trouble and had to sleep down there a while back.. may try that again. :D

9. SHEDHEAD

SHEDHEAD New Member

Feb 15, 2008
    [rquote=1273940&tid=89185&author=Squatch]Almost broke down and turned it on yesterday, it's no fun napping when you're drenched in sweat.[/rquote]

I AGREE!!!

I keep threatening to but keep putting it off.

10. BILLYGOAT

BILLYGOAT New Member

i couldnt take it any more i had to turn it on the other day.i really need to move some place cooler then here.i still hate summer

11. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Took the Cover off and turned the Fan on yesterday.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin is naturally COOL!

12. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

[rquote=1273900&tid=89185&author=leasburg]

The wife claims shes hot? [/rquote]

Must be good, must be good.... :whistle::whistle:

I like being comfortable, so if it's hot I turn on the A/C. :dancin:

13. Dutch

Dutch Senior Member Team 19

Nov 28, 2003
    Huntsville.Mo
    because i work in the cold all th time im usually the one to want it AC on first ...... but Im holding out ........... for now ...... once it hits 80 in the house and stays thers fora couple days ill turn it on....... just cool enough to take out the humidity

14. catmech_99

catmech_99 New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    New Haven,MO
    Being that the "Slice of Heaven" is in the middle of 1000's of acres of farmland We have to put up with the smell of Honey(Liquid Pig Manure) & dust from the farm equipment We have had Ours on for a while. We keep it set at about 74 during the day & 70 at night. Last months electric bill was $55.00.
    I work 84 hours a week & figure it's worth being comfy !!
    Cat

15. swigginator

swigginator New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    the \"ghetto\"
    we turned ours on yesterdy...couldnt take it anymore...i work in a cooler and the heat bothers me quick too...unless i am bow fishing or something to the contrary!!:cheers:

16. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Thanks for the tips on dealing with a menopausal or almost menopausal spouse. Need to go get more beer and hope I can hold off the ac until we hit mid 80's again. ;)

17. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Bunch of tight wads. Us city folk just go from heat to keep cold. Join the level pay plan and support your Independent HVAC person

I heard that ole Dave at 816 454 **** is very good and reasonable.

Your wife will love you for it and I will think about you while I am:thinking: Aw never mind you dont wanna know that

:drunk:

18. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

Budget billing is the way to go. :)

19. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1274000&tid=89185&author=catmech_99]Being that the "Slice of Heaven" is in the middle of 1000's of acres of farmland We have to put up with the smell of Honey(Liquid Pig Manure) & dust from the farm equipment We have had Ours on for a while. We keep it set at about 74 during the day & 70 at night. Last months electric bill was $55.00.
    Cat[/rquote]

if we did thatwith owensville electric our bill would be around 400-450 a month

20. catmech_99

catmech_99 New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    New Haven,MO
    [rquote=1274117&tid=89185&author=Jeremy][rquote=1274000&tid=89185&author=catmech_99]Being that the "Slice of Heaven" is in the middle of 1000's of acres of farmland We have to put up with the smell of Honey(Liquid Pig Manure) & dust from the farm equipment We have had Ours on for a while. We keep it set at about 74 during the day & 70 at night. Last months electric bill was $55.00.
    Cat[/rquote]

if we did thatwith owensville electric our bill would be around 400-450 a month[/rquote]

I heard that about Owensville !! Whats up with that? Is it a Co-op?