Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Addicted Habitat Junkie/Duck Whore
3,885 Posts
Gobblefest at my place this morning!

Turkeys gobbling in every direction so much that I didn't know which one to go after.

Ended up settling on what I thought was two lone gobblers double gobbling every 30 seconds.

Got to within a 150 yds before setting up and called them three different times to the exact same spot 75 yds away but could not close the deal.

My two lone gobblers ended up being three toms and two hens. They put on a hell of a show but a steep 20 ft tall creek bank kept them from coming up to me. They would strut and gobble their azzes off but would not come up the hill. I could see them plain as day in the open creek bottom but they would not come up the hill.

Had to get back to the house to work the dogs but I'll be below the rise tomorrow! :cheers:

btw - Turkey kicked the whippoorwill's azz today as far as vocalizations!

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Gobblefest at my place this morning!

Turkeys gobbling in every direction so much that I didn't know which one to go after.

Ended up settling on what I thought was two lone gobblers double gobbling every 30 seconds.

Got to within a 150 yds before setting up and called them three different times to the exact same spot 75 yds away but could not close the deal.

My two lone gobblers ended up being three toms and two hens. They put on a hell of a show but a steep 20 ft tall creek bank kept them from coming up to me. They would strut and gobble their azzes off but would not come up the hill. I could see them plain as day in the open creek bottom but they would not come up the hill.

Had to get back to the house to work the dogs but I'll be below the rise tomorrow! :cheers:

btw - Turkey kicked the whippoorwill's azz today as far as vocalizations!
Heard 7 gobblers on 200 acres this morning. They were fired up.

· Registered
169 Posts
Turkey, Crappie, and some Morels make for the Springtime Tri-Fecta. Been in my bucket list for a few years. Been able to complete 2 out of the 3 before, but never all 3 in a single day...maybe someday

· Bait Plotter Extraordinar
5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Crappie moving into the banks yet Sul???

Beautiful Bird!
Been on the bank for almost a week on upper LOZ
upper ends of Truman just starting ... took me about a hour to figure out a pattern this afternoon ( water still high on Truman ) but once I did it was stupid easy and REALLY nice fish !

Reactions: WBF

5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Turkey, Crappie, and some Morels make for the Springtime Tri-Fecta. Been in my bucket list for a few years. Been able to complete 2 out of the 3 before, but never all 3 in a single day...maybe someday
All afternoon I was glancing up the banks just to see if I could pull it off !

5,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What took ya so long, was wondering why we hadn't heard out of ya :cheers:
Opening day never heard a bird or saw a bird , yesterday spent the morning chasing two stupid ridge runners ( walk and gobble , walk and gobble ) just got lucky this morning and got between two gobbling birds . The one I set up on hit the ground and shut up but the one I got couldn't help his self !

· Registered
20,364 Posts
Been on the bank for almost a week on upper LOZ
upper ends of Truman just starting ... took me about a hour to figure out a pattern this afternoon ( water still high on Truman ) but once I did it was stupid easy and REALLY nice fish !
Thanks For The Fishin Report Mister!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.