Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the better half turkey hunting with me again this morning and we didn't have much luck. The birds don't seam too hot and heavy anymore. We had a couple gobbeling on the roost this morning (1 was pretty close) but about 7:00 they shut up. 8:00 she was starting to get restless so we decided to get out of the blind and check a few crop fields. As soon as we got out of the blind cluck, cluck, there they went. Must have been 8 or 9 birds still in the roost about 70 yards back in the timber. We did locate 3 jakes in a field with a couple hens but all they cared about was feeding and didn't pay any attention to the calls. I still have no clue why all of those birds were still in the roost at 8. We got to the blind at 5:00 so I really don't think they saw us. Hope they get a little more active sometime in the next week.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
I was out at the farm (campout spot) tearing down fence to prepare for a dozer coming in. Them gobblers were VERY vocal until about 9:30. Kind of makes me wish I had taken my gun with me.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I took a guy from Texas this morning. The first bird gobbled at 5:23 and gobbled until 11:30. Call greg and tell him to bring you up. I've got hunters all week. I had a bird on top of a bluff gobble close to two hundred times in a hour and half with no results. Come on up!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I went out before school today, I heard sounded like maybe 10 of them in groups of two's gobbling. They was very vocal this morning at our farm. I had no luck though I had to be at school at 8. Kinda wish I was sick this morning. Ill get them friday, its senior skip day..and you know im skipping.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mosheds--where do you hunt? I have not been able to get out yet this season, but will be up in Lewis County this weekend, and I am wondering what to expect, activity-wise. Any comments from you or others in NE MO would be appreciated...

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Don't know for sure what it was, but I don't think the birds did much ANYWHERE on Tues.

Today they went crazy again though. I don't see that they slowed down much. I know where's there's one that's got to die tommorrow though! :whip:

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
I heard lots of gobbling this morning and once these Toms break loose of these hens I think they'll go to town. The boys are still interested in the girls.;)

Jack

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
The birds were gobbling for us good this morning, but they all had hens and wouldn't come in. We went hunting on my deer hunting spot, and MAN is that place covered in hens?! :eek:

We're gonna get back after 'em in the morning.

Parker

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Maybe we should kill then hens and eleminate our competition. Heck that would make it easier wouldn't it?

If ya don't get caught it ain't illegal.

I'm KIDDING
Sheeeesh, I better not do that, some of ya'll might think I was a city hunter

·
Registered
479 Posts
crusader i hunt adair knox and scotland and the bird we have killed have all been either right at flydown or late morning. the gentalman from texas killed a bird this afternoon at 12:25. First turkey ever 25+ 11 inch beard 1 inch spurs. It was a 2 year old.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.