Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

2,033 Posts
I did this last year and it was worth every penny. Hopefully the operators are good and they can make quick work of it.

I had them cut trails through mine with the high lift. We were using a 953 too so it was pretty maneuverable without destroying timber.

· Land buying addiction
13,978 Posts
Man that looks awesome. Someday I hope to do that to my farm. Is there cost share for this or all out of pocket. I wish I would have done this before I sold my 953 I am debating on buying another one or a large track hoe. I need to make fire breaks around 80 acres of thick nasty timber and a pond would be nice.

· Under appreciated
93,233 Posts
Man that looks awesome. Someday I hope to do that to my farm. Is there cost share for this or all out of pocket. I wish I would have done this before I sold my 953 I am debating on buying another one or a large track hoe. I need to make fire breaks around 80 acres of thick nasty timber and a pond would be nice.
Ben... you had a dozer and sold it??? Wow!

· Addicted Habitat Junkie/Duck Whore
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Every bit of it is being done on cost share - As I try to tell everyone on here, as long as you do not expect your PLC to do all the legwork, the money is there and anyone can do it with a little effort on THEIR part.

· Land buying addiction
13,978 Posts
Ben... you had a dozer and sold it??? Wow!
Yes I dug a few basements and sold it back to the guy I bought it from for what I paid. With two little kids I don't get long periods of time to work so rental is very expensive so I rather buy and resell. I had to sell to buy other equipment I needed at the time.

Every bit of it is being done on cost share - As I try to tell everyone on here, as long as you do not expect your PLC to do all the legwork, the money is there and anyone can do it with a little effort on THEIR part.

Is there a link to this paper work? Is it through Mdc or nrcs?i wonder if I do the work if I can get reimbursed for it?

· Former Leader in Warning points!
10,990 Posts
Is there a link to this paper work? Is it through Mdc or nrcs?i wonder if I do the work if I can get reimbursed for it?
@shortgrass can likely point you toward the right guy for your county.

· Addicted Habitat Junkie/Duck Whore
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
looks like a nice little cabin there also?
Actually that is one of those portable carports.

When I bought this tract that adjoins my existing place the previous owner had a camper and the portable carport there.

That carport has saved me on more than one occasion during a rain downpour when I was out hunting as it's about 3/4 of a mile back to the house so the carport is staying! :cheers:

All of the "paperwork" is actually completed by your PLC - they will write up the "Cost Share Assistance Plan" and fill out the actual cost share form that you must sign and return to them. You are responsible for lining up your contractors and following up with them thru completion unless you opt to do the work yourself.

Either way, you are reimbursed whether you do it yourself or have it contracted out.

I have used both NRCS and MDC programs in the past depending on the project. I personally find MDC much easier to work with as there is way less paperwork at the state level, but a a lot of the ease of following any program is having a great relationship with either your PLC or NRCS agent.

I happen to have a great relationship with my PLC Jeff Esely so I find it much easier to work with him on the majority of my projects.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.