Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many have used this product? do ya think it kept those blood suckers and other pesty biters away? how about scent for deer. I know it says scentless but anything that heat up to cause a chemical reaction has to have some scent.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Never tried the thermacell, I'd probably have to buy a dozen of em to tame these skeeters down here! Shannon's "Bug Tamer" suit works AWESOME. It's cool in hot weather and can be treated with scent free products. And you don't need to wear anything under it........Well, just the basics.

·
5,631 Posts
I bought one and am looking forward to trying it. If it doesn't work, I'll use it as a Thermascent!

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have hunted in flooded bottom ground with and without a thermacell and I promise you I will never head back in there without my Thermacell. I was very skeptical and started last year without one, but after donating more than my fair share of blood my first time out I purchased one and was amazed at how well they work. They seem to repel around 99% of the mosquitos once they heat up and start putting off the repellant (usually takes about 10 minutes).

However, despite the claim they are not scent free, they definitely put off a mild scent, but this scent did not seem to spook deer as I still rountineyl seen deer while using it. That's not to say that some deer I never seen winded me/it, but there were deer downwind that had no reaction.

If you want to hunt early season and hunt in mosquito infested areas like I do, DEFINITELY pick up a thermacell. I also believe that they have new scent wicks that are scented for hunting, ie. doe in heat, ect.

Booner/George

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Man with all these recommendations I may have to check this thing out. The bugs don't bother me too bad, but it should get the ones that do stick around.

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
I have one but haven't ever used it.

A guy who works for me took one to Canada on a bear hunt and said it absolutely works. Within 10 minutes of turning it on he took off his gloves and face net. And shot a bear with it running.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
I have one but haven't ever used it.

A guy who works for me took one to Canada on a bear hunt and said it absolutely works. Within 10 minutes of turning it on he took off his gloves and face net. And shot a bear with it running.
running??? running away becuase he saw his face and it scared him:hysterical::D

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
YES! THERMACELLS WORK! I was VERY skeptical, but they work! You need to get one for this early archery season.

Parker
Ditto

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.