the young guys get lucky every once in a while

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by MObuckman, Nov 6, 2010.

1. MObuckman

MObuckman Active Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Fenton
    couldn't get out to hunt today so made a 5:15PM run to Lone Elk Park with my 2 year old in hopes of seeing a 'bucky'. Just as we crossed over in to the buffalo area we see movement to our left on the hillside. There was a doe and a 2 or 3pt buck. You could tell he had been running her up and down the hills for quite some time. She was exhausted and kept trying to bed down in a brush pile to keep the buck off of her. problem was everytime she laid down the buck would try and find a way to make that position work. He was persistent and continued to bump her, after 10 mins of running, bedding down, and getting up, she gave in. 5 seconds later he was done. Just goes to show, not all your does are getting bred by the big boys

2. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    The does ARE getting bred by the young deer, cause they're running around trying to get every single doe they can, as fast as they can. Exact reason for not worrying about taking a 'cull buck' out of the herd.......cause its ALREADY TOO LATE.

Cool experience man! :2thumbsup:

Parker

3. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    I think it hurts their feelings when you call em culls, I bet they prefer under appriciated bucks :D

4. Ozarks-Bowhunter

Ozarks-Bowhunter Active Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Southern Missouri
    [rquote=1883701&tid=131202&author=fishshooter]I think it hurts their feelings when you call em culls, I bet they prefer under appriciated bucks :D[/rquote]

They can't help it if all they have is ''potential''.

5. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    the does are definitly being bred now and have been for the last week. I have seen that once and felt a little naughty watching:D