The worst part about xbow inclusion

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by fullfan, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    Making eagles illegal to shoot doesnt guarantee they dont get shot either, but it severely reduces the chances.

2. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Thank the good lord, Eagles don't grow beards and look like turkeys then.... :tup:

3. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    Rat,
    I have always disliked the legality of shooting bearded hens in the Spring just for the principle alone, but you make a pretty good argument that I had never really contemplated. I can see how a regulation wouldn't really reduce the number of bearded hens killed, it could possibly free up a tag that would otherwise been filled and allow a hunter to kill a third Spring bird.

4. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Also a good thing they don't look like spotted owls. You see how that's working for the owls.

5. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    Not suppose to shoot humans either during the spring, but since hunter's can't be relied upon to tell a male from a hen a couple people do eat lead every year.

6. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    No most are not, not my kids nor anyone I hunt with! And how many hens havevthick ropes, not many if any I have ever saw.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    STTH likes this.
  7. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    And I just kidding, Henry birds or my deer is silly, but silly is what cj and some others do best!

8. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    Give me a break, flock of turkeys 100 yards out, youbcan draw the bow or ease you your xgun into position??? Now just wait until they get in range!!! Bird see move and spook not someone sitting still in a tree. You a fool or a liar if you think not drawing isn't a distinct advantage

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  9. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    How, because some hunters don't care if they adhere to the regulations, shoot and sort! They feel entitled to a kill, they forget they are hunting and the refs are for the resource not the hunters

10. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    600 hens that should have lived and only died be cause the MDC allowed stupid people an escape clause

11. jsr

jsr Active Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Interesting

12. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    Thats just over 1600 additional turkeys in the flock in a decent production year.

13. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    And then compound the next year and so on and so on. It wouldn't hurt the population to eliminate bearded hens from the legal spring kill option

14. Sully

Sully Bait Plotter Extraordinar

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    Here is a question ....got this pic from a card pull today

4 bearded birds ...for fun take a guess on sex

2018 turkeys (640x360).jpg

15. HarvDog

HarvDog Bro Staff

Mar 14, 2010
    East Side
    If the little honey bear had a crossbow they’d be dead.

Refuze2falo likes this.
  16. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    I like it. :wave1: What do I win? :D

thwackaddict and middiejoe like this.
  17. middiejoe

middiejoe New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Looks like a Wake O' Vultures....

18. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    Wow. Do you happen to kill a good many multi bearded toms on that place?
    I have had a theory about bearded hen genetics and their propensity to have more multi bearded toms in their broods.
    With that many bearded hens running around, your place would be a great placecto test that theory. Can I come hunt with you?:wave1:

Sully likes this.
  19. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

We have had alot of bearded hens too. We don't kill many multi bearded gobblers.

20. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    We kill a fair amount of multi beards and don't have many bearded hens. But, neighbors probably kill a bunch of brown gobblers without spurs, gobbling ability, no fanning, pencil thin beards.