Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe she said yes....AGAIN
She told me she wants to turkey hunt and with the MDC's apprenticeship license her dream will come true.

Now I CANT'WAIT for turkey season to roll around. She's gonna love listening to them birds.

I wonder if I can talk her into wearing her camo two-piece swimsuit:thinking:

·
2,644 Posts
As much as I dislike them...a doublebull style blind will help tremendously in this situation. Good Luck :cheers:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We'll sit in a blind for a bit opening morning and if I do my scouting properly we won't have to run & gun.

It should be a great time, I know she's excited about it.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm trying to talk her into it for the Classic. I told her my booth would draw more attention, but she ain't buying it.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Just tell her we're all going to stand and just stare at her anyway, might as well be in a 'kini...LOL

Yea, that should help!!!!LOL:D:wave:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You've already seen pics of her on Facebook so that's not fair. Not everyone knows who you're talking about:)

·
Registered
70,367 Posts
And just where are these photos?

If you need any help posting them here just send them in an email to me......:2thumbsup:

I'll be sure to share....:claphands:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the future turkey hunter Mailman

[file]94781[/file]

·
Registered
70,367 Posts
I know an expert guide that would be more than happy to take the pressure off of you. I even have a nice 20 gauge auto she can use...:2thumbsup:

It's the least I can do for an old friend...:whistle:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate the offer Mailman, but I really want to be the one to get her on her first bird. I love those first kill celebrations:)

·
6,644 Posts
Hayz-

The wifey says she wants to go with me this year. She doesn't want to hunt, but just sit and watch. Maybe we could all get together one weekend??

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
You guys are lucky, it took me 30 years to get my wife to go but after the first time she is ready this year. Yes the double bull is a PLUS

[file]94794[/file]

·
Registered
31,341 Posts
I asked my wife is she wanted to go turkey huntin...i got a big ol NO:toilet: its unfortunate, i think turkey huntin is more exciting than deer hunting...she's not buying it though.

good luck to you and yours though:cheers:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We ought to do that KC.
:cheers:
:eek::That's a cool pic STTH:eek::

·
Registered
70,367 Posts
I took mine the first year we were married. Walked her legs off. She lasted about 2 hours. I was used to walking a mail route and she was used to sitting in front of a computer screen all day. After that....she said for me to go get the bird and she'd cook it.

Word to the wise....go with the pop up blind with decoys with the first time ladies and leave the running and gunning to the long legged hard headed impatient guys like me.

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
:eek:::eek:::claphands:

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
even thouhg spring season is generally warmer then the fall hunting times. The mornings are still a bit nippy more often then naught. My wifes only complaint when she sat in teh blind with her youngest sister and Henry at MRB's was she was cold untill the sun finally warmed thigns up. If it had not been for her sister trying to get her first bird she would of gone back to teh caben.

Make shure your wife is dressed good enouf for the chill else it might be first and last hunt you get to enjoy with your other half.

My wife has since that first spring hunt hunted wiht me and son on numerouse ocasions. She brings her long johns along and puts them on once we get to blind.

I hope you both enjoy the hunt and the time together. I hope you both get a bird on same day to further make the event a special memory.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Longbow. It sure would be neat if we doubled-up on a couple nice gobblers:eek::

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.