Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, lost my wallet this weekend. Bunch of friends were in from college and went out. Just canceled the credit cards and atm card. Anyone know what I might have to do about my social securtity being MIA. I know they will issue me a new one, but what about identity theft. I'm screwed.:banghead:

·
Under appreciated
91,796 Posts
The wife did this about 5 or 6 months ago.

Call all three credit reporting agencies and they can instruct further..

This process is a pain in the arse but you must go through it.

Heres a link and do it fast. sorry bout your luck.

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3b828f0f11bb.htm

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wallet being lost. Just this past weekend I was at the GTG and lost a headache - I think Pipe took it home with him. I also lost a drivers license on a cruise ship one time. The license came complete with my S.S.N. and home address. No problems as of yet and this was two years ago.

·
Registered
998 Posts
In about a month you'll want to get a copy of your credit report to make sure there is no fraud occurring. You can get a free copy of your report at http://www.annualcreditreport.com. This is the official government free report website. You don't need to pay the extra $ for any scores. Just print your reports, and if you see any accounts listed which aren't yours they will give you resolution information to challenge the incorrect entries.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course my fiance said not to cancel the credit cards because i would find the wallet right after and that is exactly what happend. Of course she will never see this post as I would be dealing with a lifetime of I told you so's.

·
just a no body
15,504 Posts
Originally posted by RAKMAN
Of course my fiance said not to cancel the credit cards because i would find the wallet right after and that is exactly what happend. Of course she will never see this post as I would be dealing with a lifetime of I told you so's.
thats my luck also:boohoo:

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
better safe than sorry man especally now days

·
Under appreciated
91,796 Posts
yep.. glad it worked out.
Nothing more frustrating than losing your wallet or keys..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.