THE ULTIMATE MWT call auction! CONGRATS TO CLIFFHANGER!

Discussion in 'Auction Items' started by Vector, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Once upon a time, Poor Valley and I got together for a couple days this last summer, and put our heads together on some projects. There was a LOT of discussion, and a lot of call making tips and tricks shared. I obviously learned more than he did. It was very nice of him to have me down to his shop!!!

So........we have been holding out on everyone waiting for a time closer to fall.

When we were in the shop together, Jerry first taught me how to make a round turkey call.....my first! THEN.......I taught Jerry how to make a deer grunt call........his first!

So, we are going to be auctioning off TOGETHER....... first, a Poor Valley/VECtor hybrid double-sided turkey call. My first round turkey call! It is aluminum on the large side, and slate on the small side. It is a cedar pot, and has VECtor and Poor Valley on it, and each of our signatures. The pot has my pot call measurements from my octagon turkey calls, and has Poor Valley's methods of his madness. It will also include a cherry striker from me with a mushroom carved into it, a dymondwood striker from me, and a DOGWOOD STRIKER (HARD TO GET THESE DAYS! ) from Poor Valley.

(The calls will go out right away, but the strikers will come to the winner this winter. I want to get the deer call out to the winner ASAP so they can give it a run while the deer are responding to them. )

The second call, that will be auctioned off in the same auction......is a orange/red/natural colorwood deer call turned by Poor Valley. His first deer grunter! It is turned by Jerry as I helped him with all of the measurements, and I will be tuning it up prior to it heading out the door. It also has VECtor and Poor Valley on it, and each of our signatures.

So! The cat is out of the bag about the auction! Lets do this! :2thumbsup: The auction will end at 3PM on Thursday, November 4th. Again.....a short turn around due to us wanting to get this deer call out in the field to hunt this fall. :2thumbsup:

LET THE BIDDING BEGIN!!!!

Parker

[file]144794[/file] [file]144796[/file]

2. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I'm trying to get a clearer picture of the second side of the turkey call. :cheers:

Parker

3. inkwithattitude

inkwithattitude New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Caro,MI
    Dern it yote sniped me while reading!

4. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    [rquote=1872780&tid=130425&author=inkwithattitude]$50[/rquote]

:D You're already beat. :D

Parker

5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    dang it i better check my billfold 125

6. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    one fitty :claphands:

7. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    my billfold is empty now,but it may not be come thursday:D

8. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Beautiful calls. I better save my bid for another day. Like maybe Thursday. :D :eek::

9. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :wave: Thanks to everyone for the great bids! Looks like we're off to a great start!!!!

I'm sorry I didn't mention in the original post, but I'm sure you all understand from who the calls are coming from, that all of the funds these calls bring will be sent to Missouri Whitetails for use in promoting youth and disabled hunting!

Parker

10. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    Vince... Jerry........

What can I say other than thank you so very much for all the support you have given MWT over the years........

Very nice calls and a great gesture............

My thanks for sure............. :cheers::cheers::claphands::claphands::eek::

11. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Beautiful calls!!!!!

$181!!!:claphands::cheers::wave:

12. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :wave: Little bird told me Poor Valley was going to be including a dogwood striker from his personal collection to this auction! :wave:

If Jerry was holding it back, you can bet it is a purdy one!

Parker

13. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    WOW!! Just returned from a hard week in Louisiana last night and had a U2U from Vince about the auction. Looks like it is timed perfectly. Great planning Vince!

It has always amazed me how the folks here support a fund raiser project for MWT. It also amazes me that our secret remained a secret for so long, especially since I knew about it.

BTW, that round turkey call truely is Vince's first (and maybe his last and only). Something I have been trying to get him to do for a long time. He finally agreed this one time.