The Ultimate 3D Shoot

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by MoBowman, Feb 3, 2006.

1. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    We have alot of new members on the site this year that are involved in and like to attend 3D shoots. So I'am real courious as to what YOU would like to see at a paticular shoot, that would make you really want to attend. In your own mind, what would make the ultimate 3d shoot.

MoBowman ```---------->

2. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Hot female scorekeepers at every target, wearing daisy dukes???? Yea, dat's da ticket!!!

3. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Welp.........fireman already beat me to it. :bangin: I can add nothing to this.

4. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Wheelchair access! :D

I know ~ that's not much help, but I've never actually participated in a 3-D shoot before.

But I'd sure like to!

BTW ~ you have a U2U, Mike...

5. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    Those scorers would increase attendance at the shoots. Probably, cause problems with crowd control.

6. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    I see the U2U there Rick, but it won't let me open it. I'll keep trying.

MoBowman ```---------->

7. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Chairman, can you ride a 4 wheeler? I'd bet we could get you to the shooting stakes on an ATV...I'm not sure, even with your all terrain chair, that it would make it up some of the hills on our range, but we use 4wheelers to set the targets...just a thought!!!

8. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Oh yeah ~ but my balance is the issue. Sitting on top of the ATV & trying to balance my x-bow at the same time, isn't always manageable...

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Chairman, I understand....I tell ya what we can prolly do sometime, if it works out....Come up to Marshall sometime, as a member, I have a key to the gate...(soon as I pay my dues...lol) and we can go to the practice range if you'd like, see how ya get along!!! We leave out some old shot up targets for club members to practice on, down in the timber. And how about the MWT's 3D...where ever it might be held this year, can it be set up to be handicap accessible?

10. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    I just may take you up on that!

Marshall isn't that far of a drive from my place... :D

11. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Just let me know!!!

12. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    perhaps we need to do a little engering and fixs some kinda pod rest thing that will support the cross bow for ya rick i bet we can ducktape something to gether to work:D

13. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Thanks guys...

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Mike... :bangin:

:smiley:

14. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Other things I'd like to see more are, as a trad shooter, more realistic yardages...I help set our range, and I'm guilty of setting them out a bit far meself..lol. But would like to see closer shots for all classes, especially closer to bowseason. Another thing that is fun, is treestand shots....maybe from a platform, with steps, or off a hilltop down a steep hill to simulate it.

15. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    The range at the MWT shoot was pretty accessable with the exception of a couple of rough spots. The range has been changed abit and is even more accessable. We put Shooter22 on a four wheeler and he had a great time. Rick, you could probably get thru the biggest part of the range without a problem in your chair.

Keep the ideas coming, We'll be announcing a date for the 2nd Annual MWT shoot real soon.

MoBowman ```----------->

16. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    That's about all I did ~ attend...

I wasn't able to negotiate the entire course in my chair, but Kevin (shooter22) did the ATV thing. I'm sure that if I had wanted to, they would have made accomodations.

I wasn't feeling up to it anyways ~ it was my decision to just "hang out" , and socialize. My wife had major back surgery last March, and I was taking care of her, the house & animals, shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc., etc., at the time ~ so I was pretty exhausted anyways. I just needed to get out of the house for some "ME" time, and the 3D shoot provided that.

I did take some shots at some 3D targets, that were at the beginning of the course, just to get the feel of a 3D tournament.

I've got a 4x4 wheelchair coming soon, and I'm thinking that would be just the ticket, except for serious accessibilty issues.

I can't wait for that sucker to arrive. My other outdoor chair is down, so I haven't got to do much outside at all, since the 2nd week of December... :frown:

Alright then! :banana:

17. chuck88

chuck88 Active Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Fulton MO
    what i'd like to see at 3-d shoots is a time limit for each shot, I despise the ppl that take 5 min before deciding where to shoot and dont let faster ppl shoot thru.
    also the funnest shoot i ever went to was a survival shoot, only 10 targets but put up real changleing and you where only allowed to carry 1 arrow, no binocs, no rangefinders.

18. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    was the survival shoot one of those with the metal siloutes with a hole in the vital backed with foam boards?
    or just normal targets and only one arrow allowed?

the metal siloutes shoot would be cool i have only heard about them though

19. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

free arrows

:rotfl::rotfl:

:cheers::cheers:

20. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Henry,

I think that will definately boost participation!