Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Chiefs FANatic
10,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The south plot finally got planted this fall.

We cut wood off this 1/2 acre spot about 5 years ago. after burning off what I could there was still alot left over that needed to be pushed off. I Had every intention of planting it in spring of 08 but never got around to it. Well this spring
I got the FIL's skid steer down and finished pushing it off.

This fall I put in turnips and oats and will frost seed in clover late feb or early march. I have great succes in getting clover plots in this way. The turnip greens usually shade out any fall growth and then the deer come in and paw up the ground. Which leaves lots of exposed ground and a great seed bed for frost seeded clover.

start of the burn process.
[file]87368[/file]

Sasquatch or might be a yeti since it is in the snow.
[file]87370[/file]

Done burning
[file]87372[/file]

The plot
[file]87374[/file]

Deer diggin in.
[file]87376[/file]

·
Chiefs FANatic
10,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[rquote=1534603&tid=106877&author=pinwheel]Looks good nate, all except that ugly feller in that one pic. Did you actually get any work out of him?[/rquote]

ohhh yeah. He is a good worker you just gotta put up with random insults and his constant bragging. :D

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,469 Posts
[rquote=1534606&tid=106877&author=racks-n-beards][rquote=1534603&tid=106877&author=pinwheel]Looks good nate, all except that ugly feller in that one pic. Did you actually get any work out of him?[/rquote]

ohhh yeah. He is a good worker you just gotta put up with random insults and his constant bragging. :D

[/rquote]

The fact that I don't hear so well explains why I tolerate him so well then.:rof2:

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
[rquote=1534603&tid=106877&author=pinwheel]Looks good nate, all except that ugly feller in that one pic. Did you actually get any work out of him?[/rquote]He's actually a pretty good worker, ain't got a clue what he's doing most of the time but he's enthusiastic. :D

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
plot is looking really good Nate!!:eek::

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Dang, that plot turned out better than I thought it would. I don't quite know what to say about cummins.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.