Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it came from Missouri.......

I believe this was on the old board before but this article was just printed today... Pretty cool deal............

Deerstalker’s trophy antlers turning heads

By GREG MILLER of the Tribune’s staff
Published Saturday, February 4, 2006

Bill Wise first saw the 300-pound buck on Nov. 14 as the behemoth walked across his friend’s land in Howard County........."I knew it was the biggest thing I’d ever seen," Wise recalled.

The deer became Wise’s obsession and produced one of the biggest racks that Buckmasters, a deer-scoring company, had ever seen.

Buckmasters named Wise’s deer - with a 19-point rack measuring more than 210 inches - the second-largest white-tailed deer rack in the world.

"The buck stops here, literally," Buckmasters’ Mike Handley said.

Handley, chairman of trophy records, said antlers with intact velvet are rare because most bucks rub the velvet off at the start of mating season. Intact velvet usually means the buck lost a testicle, which Wise’s did.
Full story here......

·
Under appreciated
90,288 Posts
That is simply unreal.... holy moly

·
1,051 Posts
awesome buck!:D

im just confused on the part that says its the 2nd biggest rack in the world. Its a non-typical but i dont think it would be close to #2 buck in the world though.:confused:

Not taking anything away from this buck.....its a buck id dream of harvesting:cheers:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,970 Posts
Figures it was in Howard county. The same county we deer hunt, but never see anything like that.

Congratulations to him for pursuing him.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Originally posted by 10pointer

im just confused on the part that says its the 2nd biggest rack in the world. Its a non-typical but i dont think it would be close to #2 buck in the world though.:confused:

Not taking anything away from this buck.....its a buck id dream of harvesting:cheers:
I agree with you, I think maybe it has something to do with using the buckmasters scoring system instead of the b & c system. Maybe fireman can shed some light on this?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I live in Howard county . My son saw a 180 class recently . I have a 184 on the wall . I saw a buck about a mile and a half from the house that was the most unbelivable thing I have ever seen . It made my 184 look like a basket rack . My neighbor knocked down a 180 class this year but he was using ballistic tips so he never found it .

·
I love work. I can watch it all day.
1,811 Posts
There was some real controversy early on as to whether this buck was taken by legal means. Don't know the details but I guess it has been resolved.:cheers:

Sammich buck...:D:D:D

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Now that is a sweet lookin buck!!
:cheers::cheers:

WOW!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by kcraider21
Originally posted by 10pointer

I agree with you, I think maybe it has something to do with using the buckmasters scoring system instead of the b & c system. Maybe fireman can shed some light on this?
It is nowhere NEAR the second largest buck in the world....My only guesses would be maybe it's the 2nd largest velvet entry...PnY takes them, BnC does not....or 2nd largest for buckmasters.....whoever they are.....moneygrubbers....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.