The rut

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by semohunt88, Nov 9, 2010.

1. semohunt88

semohunt88 New Member

Nov 9, 2010
    So I was scouting here in southeast missouri this past friday and saw a real nice 8 ptr ruttin hard after a doe. From what all my friends are saying, it seems like the rut is gettin in pretty heavy. My question is, since this is my third year hunting only, will this warm air this week screw things up?

Keep in mind the cold front that will be coming through friday evening returning us to seasonable temps..

Thanks!

2. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
    The rut was canceled this year due to the failing economy.

3. semohunt88

semohunt88 New Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Wouldn't surprise me.

But seriously, what do you all think the effects will be from this little warm up? I just don't want the rut to be as terrible as last year with those nasty muggy 65 to 70 degree days and 50 something degree nights.

4. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Oak Grove, Missouri
    Since bucks only get to "score" in late October and November, I doubt the warm weather will stop them. If it was you, would you get "turned off" by the weather? I've taken some nice bucks during the rut when the weather was pretty warm. Chris

5. slurugger

slurugger Member

Oct 19, 2010
    St. Louis
    so you think the timing will be good for this weekend in SEMO? Or will we be a little behind the rut? I am little west near Mark Twain. :cheers:

6. gentleben

gentleben Active Member

Sep 9, 2010
    STL
    The warmer weather won't stop the rut, the deer will still do their thing. That being said, I think the warmer weather will force the deer to do their thing more at night unfortunately.