Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear that in 2008, Missouri will host the national QDMA convention. That is all I know....more to come!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Hey Thayer,
My buddy Bill's brother hooked us up with one of QDMA's bigwigs. He came down a few days ago to have a meeting with my buddy. The meeting was mainly concerning getting a chapter started around the Thayer/Alton area.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds good...the QDM philosophies of getting the herd into a balance, passing on young bucks, and improving habitats, seems to be catching on here in Missouri. When we started the Gateway Branch over 3 years ago, there were no branches in MO. Now there are 5 and more on the way....good stuff. I hope that the area will support education and not turn QDM into something that only people that have lots of land can do, it is a great area for cooperation. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't like apr's, I would rather people use their ability to decide what a mature buck is to them...some can strive to get their deer into a 2 1/2 year old range, some 3 1/2, some older. I feel that the APR's will only dumb down the masses and hurt the herd in the long run...I will post an article from our scheduled banquet speaker, Bryan Kinkel, on how the APR's can hurt your herd. It is really an eye opener on how some deer management techniques operate.

What if some want to manage their herd for more table fare, or towards more does...I just don't want QDM to be used for managing antlers...that is not what it is all about. Although, if used properly, it can do wonders for the buck age structure that in turn creates quite a bunch of wall hangers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.