Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I've found so far is some mediocre bucks, alot of two-pt dinks and a whole bunch of elk. I've passed on several shots as they weren't really what i'm looking for. This evening was OK, and things really heated up around 7:00 p.m.

Bulls were bugling pretty good and three different bulls were exchanging insults with each other. This chorus went on for about 40 minutes. Having a cow call in my pocket, I decided to have a little fun and see what I could call in for some pictures.

I was down about 500 yds in this nice little ravine, all choked with scrub oak and aspens at the bottom. I had clipped on a couple of cow elk whiz wafers and was making my way down into the ravine where I had heard a decent bull grunt and chuckle to my cow / calf calling. I caught movement to my right and here he comes................a pretty good sized black bear, cinnamon phase. Hoping to get a good angle for some pics, I started walking backwards a bit and the bear just kept coming. I did have my muzzleloader with me just in case things got a wee bit hairy and checked the breech, with no cap. Now, with the bear about 15-20 yds and coming towards me, I made the decision to get the heck out of there. I don't think he saw me, but he smelled me and was trying to make me for what he probably thought was a calf. I've had bear encounters in the timber before, but this was just a little too close for my liking.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
Next time sacrafice that body for some bear pics!!!!!!!!!
:hysterical: Funny....but not funny..... :hysterical:

We like pics man.....we REALLY LIKE pics!

Parker

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
bulls bugling and bear alright:cheers::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.