Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It makes me sad to think of the money I have spent in the last several years trying to put "A little meat in the freezer"
I kinda long for the days before trail cams, range finders and scent lock clothing. Not that I have anything against new technology, I just wish I didnt get caught up in trying to outspend my hunting buddies. Someday I am going to track the new gear and expenses for one whole year and see what it costs me. But like going on a diet or quitting smoking I will start soon, just not today.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,454 Posts
I usually buy something new each year besides what I need to replace.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
You don't have to spend the money! You can hunt for pretty cheap if you don't want technology to help you along the way.

Hunting is a hobby. You decide how much you want to spend, and what you want to do to make you good.

Somebody keep track of golf expenses while we're doing studies. And there ain't no meat going in the freezer there.

Parker

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Dude...

Venison is cheap!

Crappie fillets on the other hand are several hundred dollars per pound. :roll2:

·
Navy/Air Force/Army
17,375 Posts
If cost is the issue, very few of us could enjoy the outdoor experience. That being said we could spend a whole lot less and enjoy it just as much, it's a choice some make.

If Caf4's crappie filets cost him several hundred dollars, mine must cost thousands.:horse:

·
Registered
647 Posts
That's tough. Although I am not an official economist like your wife, I am the the financial analyst/economist in my family and I say a percentage of my hunting/fishing funds goes back into the environment and the time spent with family is invaluable.

Originally posted by Mark Twain
My wife is an economist and financial analyst. I've learned not to talk about the costs that go into my hobby. :cool:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Originally posted by netsomnia2
That's tough. Although I am not an official economist like your wife, I am the the financial analyst/economist in my family and I say a percentage of my hunting/fishing funds goes back into the environment and the time spent with family is invaluable.
Those are called "intangible benefits". Priceless, in my book. :cheers:

·
Registered
647 Posts
You see? Her 'economics lingo' has rubbed off on us.

Originally posted by Mark Twain
Originally posted by netsomnia2
Those are called "intangible benefits". Priceless, in my book. :cheers:

·
19,585 Posts
Originally posted by r2ahunter
I refuse to put a price tag on what I consider my "mental health days in the timber".
I hear that!

Lookin' at it that way, we're getting off cheap. I'd freak if I had to pay-by-the-hour to hunt. I'd much rather be sitting in a hunting blind, than on a therapists couch... :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Agree.

Originally posted by Chairman
Originally posted by r2ahunter
I refuse to put a price tag on what I consider my "mental health days in the timber".
I hear that!

Lookin' at it that way, we're getting off cheap. I'd freak if I had to pay-by-the-hour to hunt. I'd much rather be sitting in a hunting blind, than on a therapists couch... :D

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
Don't even start with my Wife on cost.I went got about 150 pounds of tuff Wild Pork only cost me about $1,500.Wife just don't understand one bit :confused:

I kid you not! I had two Deer Tags one year,and only 3 Bullets.She said that was good enough.Well first shot I missed :confused: Second shot Doe down,third shot Doe down :banana:

oneshot
:D She counts the Big Grins Peas.

·
Original Cafe'Member
1,721 Posts
Save the calculator, it's $15,223/ LB:D

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A couple of friends of mine went fishing in Canada and only caught a couple of fish, the one stated that they had cost them several hundred dollars per fish, then the other replied that its a good thing they only got two:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.