The old gun can still shoot...

Discussion in 'Small Game' started by Hooks, Dec 3, 2017.

1. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Nice work Hooks. I been thinking about the same thing, family eats them well and they seem bent on taking over the farm as many as I've seen.
    Hooks likes this.
  2. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    As big as some of those reds are, you better have a good pressure cooker.

Nice shootin
    Hooks likes this.

3. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    A buddy of mine, along with a Kansas City Chef teamed up to win the World Squirrel Cooking Championship held in Northwest Arkansas this year. I spoke to him last night to receive some cooking instructions and the first thing he mentioned was a pressure cooker.
  4. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

Those Fox's always look like bodybuilders to me.

Nice straight Shootin! What timeframe you tag out in?
  5. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    I just looked and I sent the wife a text and a picture of the squirrels at 9:!! and that was after I walked out to get the truck, so I figure I was done at straight up 9.
    I will tell this one on myself....I didn't take a look at the amount of bullets I had. I just keep them in a Crown Royal bag when I am hunting. The last squirrel was killed with the last boolit I had.:wave1:
  6. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    You just wanted a reason to wear the turk vest....
    Nice shooting man.
    Hooks likes this.
  7. Ohdeer

Ohdeer Active Member

Jul 23, 2014
    I have the exact same gun. It was Grandpa's. He's not the sentimental type and listed it along with all of his other stuff they put in an auction before they left the farm. I had to pay for it, but I'm glad I did. Love that gun.
    Hooks likes this.
  8. Old Smokey

Old Smokey Member

Dec 29, 2017
    That's some mighty fine shooting. I have my grandpas old (40's) Remington Sportmaster 512 tube fed bolt gun with iron sites and it is a great shooter too. It frustrates my oldest son (38) when his half blind old daddy (64) out shoots him with his scoped 10/22.

I haven't told him the secret. He shoots Golden Bullets, I shoot CCI Standard Velocity.
    glennasher1 and Hooks like this.