The Lord Put The Brakes On

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by oneshot 1, Feb 12, 2006.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    While driving up to Macon yesterday to pick the Boat up just North of Columbia.Started Snowing so hard I couldn't see.Everyone was still driving 70MPH,I told the wife I know it has to be getting slick.I slowed down to about 55MPH.

Next thing I know I'm sliding for the ditch,bring it back the other way,then back the other,then spin around.Was headed for a Guard Rail.It had enough momentum going there is no reason that it stopped.

But the Lord laid his Hand down and stopped that Pickup there.There was all kinds of Traffic,but didn't come close to them.

:D The Big Grin is not into Thrill Rides.
  2. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    glad you made it back ok Oneshot! Good meeting you and your wife......But I did miss the Big Grin, I think he must have been hiding under the seat after that ride! :wave:

3. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

I hope that you changed your pants in Macon.
    Glad to hear everything was OK.
    You should have stopped by th gam far though, being that close.
  4. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    MU was sure good meeting you.Just too bad couldn't spend more time visiting.But maybe we will get together for a weekend one of these days.

:D The Big Grin was under the Floor Mat.He knows oneshot better than anyone,really feels he is Highly Over Rated!
  5. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    I second that e-motion ~ we were just down the road!
  6. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    I know Guys but it was still 3:00 when we got back Home,still had to run into Buffalo.

:D The Big Grin will get with you Guys.
  7. Shootagin

Shootagin New Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Glad you made it ok....:eek:
  8. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    amen to that, nothin like 4 guardian angels riding shotgun on those goodyears!
  9. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Glad to hear you made it okay Oneshot.
  10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Ditto.. dont want anyone getting hurt. Glad you are ok.
  11. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    I definitely believe in divine intervention on the highways. When I was an invincible teenager, I was driving home one night after school, a work shift, and then a concert. It was late and I was tired but thankfully, hadnt been drinking, and dozed off at the wheel doing about 70mph. I wound up in the middle of a field in a totaled car. Flagged down the next car and got a ride home. We went to the scene the next day to recover the car and followed my tire tracks. It seems that I was headed straight for a concrete retaining wall until a large log alongside the road diverted my direction. Sure glad the Lord put that log there!

Glad to hear it wasnt your time either Oneshot!
  12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Glad you are ok too Bowpredator...
  13. 8 point

8 point New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    SW MO
    The Lord is good to those who beleave. Glad you all are OK ! 8 point.:)
  14. Wow what a ride! Had a few like that myself. Buddy and I wrecked one bad enough it should of killed us both, but I got a scar on the chin, and he got a scar on his ear and that's it, Lord was there that night for sure.

Glad to hear you're okay.