Mountain lion hunter
28,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=110850

The setup
09 Diamond Razor Edge
set at 33.9 lb
338 gr arrow

I chose this setup to try and really show any speed change between rest note the heavy arrow and low poundage

All rest had 3 arrows through them and the average was taken

Hostage 179.6 fps

Trophy Taker spring steel 181.9

Trophy Taker pronghorn attached to cable slide hole 182.5

Trophy Taker pronghorn attached to down cable 181.3

Limbdriver with supplied solid limb attachment (it weighs 123 gr) 181.3

Limbdriver with cord wrapped around limb fork with no attachment 181.6

Notice the tt ph attached to the cable slide was the fastest but the interesting part is the get the rest up due to the spring in it the cable slide approx 3/4" shy of the normal distance raising the bow poundage to 34.1 lb

**I was on the fence so I did this test I am not trying to prove anyone right/wrong:cheers:**

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Interesting!!

Do you have access to other rests? Would be fun to see that WB tested, among others!!! QAD for one!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[rquote=1602169&tid=111056&author=FiremanBrad]Interesting!!

Do you have access to other rests? Would be fun to see that WB tested, among others!!! QAD for one!!!:cheers::wave:[/rquote]

Well the QAD I have is locked up on the inside and my WB is on my hunting bow and I didn't want to resight it like the other 2 I pulled rests off of:shrug:

I figured the Octane would be close to the WB

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Interesting test results. I am suprised that very lil speed was lost using the Hostage rest. The friction it produces had me thinking it would take several FPS off but I am surprised. GOOD STUFF!

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Good test. I was going off my experience on my 101st and the Connie. Both lost fps, but I was right at the 5 grains per pound minimum, I wonder it that would make a difference?

Thanks for taking the time to do this, would be interested to see different arrow weights and different poundages.

BTH

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Interesting test ! Looks like most of the rests were within 3 fps , therefore most hunters would be wise to focus on the rest that is the most accurate and quiet , with good containment for hunting purposes.

It would be interesting to see the comparison tests done at higher draw weights .

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
good test,now i got to go look at trophy takers:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.