Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it only me or do the New York Yankee's make you sick too?:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2: They now have the top 4 contracts in baseball!!!!

Serisously i hope they lose 100 games!!!!!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I have been a Yankee Fan all my life...I dont get where all the money comes from....especially when it does not net even division wins.

Oh well,

·
just a no body
14,543 Posts
baseball is played by over paid cry babies .. the Yanks are a big part of whats wrong with the game today .. I've not watched a game since the strike

·
Registered
32,187 Posts
I hate the Yankees, and I will continue to laugh at them as long as they buy the biggest stars and pay the most money and lose!!!!!!

Hahahahaha

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
Originally posted by beanpile
baseball is played by over paid cry babies .. the Yanks are a big part of whats wrong with the game today .. I've not watched a game since the strike
Ditto....I'd rather suffer thru a freakin' SOCCER game, than watch one inning of MLB!

·
19,117 Posts
my 2 favorite teams are detroit tigers and whoever beats the yankees:D:D

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I wouldnt turn the money down if I had a golden arm or a hot bat. WOULD YOU????:thinking:

·
SHED ON
5,637 Posts
You know that is the great thing about baseball. They can spend all the money they want and are still gonna lose 70-80 games next year. If they did the smae thing in football a tema would go undefeated for years.

Say what you will I love baseball always have always will.

The yanks and bo soxs can spend all the money they want and I still bet that my royals will beat em a couples times this year

·
Banned
8,589 Posts
I don't get you people saying that the players don't deserve the money and saying that they are cry babies. I happen to know quite a few ball players. My brother has played professional ball for 8 years now, never in the majors though. Yankee, Shelley Duncan, has been to my house. I would say that 95% of all players are staundup guys. Just like probably 95% on here on standup folks. And as far as how much they get paid.... people keep buying tickets and watching games on tv. I'd rather see the players get paid than the owners keep that money in their pockets.

And as far as the Yankees spending that much money. Who cares? They have to pay a luxury tax. And money doesn't equal wins. The Rays had one of the lowest payrolls in baseball and made the world series last year.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have met and know some players also. I dont really care there salaries. What P.O.'s me about them is that they can get any player they want. Its the fact that other teams, like the cardinals for example dont really have a chance at those players. And money does kind of equal wins. They have the most word series wins and before last year went to the post season 13 years in a row. In my opinion they are the worst thing that every happend to baseball.

·
Registered
14,243 Posts
I am getting tired of all professional GREEDY atheletes, entertainers, musicians, etc. None of them live in the real world. Getting to the point where a feller can't afford to take his family to a game, concert, movie, or whatever. They won't be getting my $$$.

·
Banned
8,589 Posts
Originally posted by DADAKOTA
I am getting tired of all professional GREEDY atheletes, entertainers, musicians, etc. None of them live in the real world. Getting to the point where a feller can't afford to take his family to a game, concert, movie, or whatever. They won't be getting my $$$.
Just because there salaries are very high does not mean that they are greedy. They are getting paid what the market allows for. They have a skill set that very few have, and a lot of people will pay to see them perform those skills.

I am not going to turn down any raise I am offered, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't either. Wouldn't you want to say that you could have financial security for future generations of your family?

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
when a team like the cards can win the most world series ever...(like the yankees have)...then another team...like the cards...might be able to afford good players and not rely on 1 guy to carry the entire team through a season:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Originally posted by Jeremy
when a team like the cards can win the most world series ever...(like the yankees have)...then another team...like the cards...might be able to afford good players and not rely on 1 guy to carry the entire team through a season:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:
Ya but they got 10 and nobody hates us but the SCRUBS fans ( I mean Cubs).:rof2:

·
Registered
700 Posts
yankee-
Code:
my 2 favorite teams are detroit tigers and whoever beats the yankees
My dad use to say the same thing back in the 60s and 70s ('cept he was White Sox fan)

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
Originally posted by beanpile
Ditto....I'd rather suffer thru a freakin' SOCCER game, than watch one inning of MLB!
Overpaid yes, but because the people continue to pay the prices to watch. As far as soccer goes, it will never catch on here because it just doesn't have what Americans want to see. And it is boring as he((.

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
I agree, any conversation with soccer in it su%$^@

1 - 19 of 19 Posts