the garden i had to break out the big guns

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by yankee, May 22, 2009.

1. yankee

yankee Senior Member

garden was chisel plowed, and had to break out the massey ferguson 265, with a king kutter tiller mounted to the 3point, did an awesome job, now it's time to drag it out, and start putting in the plants and seeds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

couple photos of the king kutter working the dirt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    Those king kutter tillers are awesome. I used to sell them when i worked at orscheln. We would get a shippment of two 6' and three 5' and be sold out of them in two weeks.

:cheers:

3. ross331

ross331 Active Member

Oct 15, 2008
    richmond
    those are sweet, man i want one real bad. that is one big garden

4. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Durn son, half the guys on the site don't have plots that big. :claphands:

5. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1272357&tid=89082&author=ross331]those are sweet, man i want one real bad. that is one big garden[/rquote] yup roughly 125ft wide x 200ft deep, dand place has had water laying in it for weeks now, was just now able to get at it

6. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    is that a 6 foot

i made the mistake of only buying a five foot
    six would be better but i would like to have a seven

7. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    Lookin good. I just got in from the garden meself. Mine ain't that big cuz I got more sense than you apparently. :rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:

8. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1272364&tid=89082&author=Bricky]is that a 6 foot

i made the mistake of only buying a five foot
    six would be better but i would like to have a seven [/rquote]yep 6ft, works well going to find out tomorrow how well it works on some smaqll food plots

9. lma

lma Active Member

:eek: My that's one big garden!

10. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    Looking good Jeff.

Dad growing up had a huge garden. Granted, he has 10 brothers and sisters.:D

We had a pretty good size garden growing up. Not near that big though!!! I do remember one year Mom canned 72 qts of green beans. :eek:

11. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    NICE! You got us beat! Ours is 100X50, and Im not looking forward to planting that dang thing. Need to find me one of them fancy tillers. Would hook right up behind the massy. Tilled it all with a walk behind. Im thinking the weed barrier and planting is a 30pack weekend with a few friends. :D

12. 76_michael

76_michael Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Lincoln Co.
    Sure looked like you dirt worked real well . I had to replant 2 rows of greenbeans , and 5 rows of corn , I hope it will stay not so wet from here on out .

13. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
  14. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    When I was a kid we had a garden that was 75 by 150 feet. We tilled it up using a push plow. Dad finally broke down and bought a 5 hp tiller in 1966. We were Up Town then.

[file]58208[/file]

15. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1272443&tid=89082&author=1FastCam]NICE! You got us beat! Ours is 100X50, and Im not looking forward to planting that dang thing. Need to find me one of them fancy tillers. Would hook right up behind the massy. Tilled it all with a walk behind. Im thinking the weed barrier and planting is a 30pack weekend with a few friends. :D[/rquote] this is supposed to be a combined garden with 5 families kicking in plants seeds sprinklers and the such, thats the reason for the size, well right now it's 5 families, we will see who shows up:drunk::drunk:

16. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    looks like ole yankee will be sellin produce this year or the deer herd will be fatten up .

17. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    [rquote=1272849&tid=89082&author=yankee][rquote=1272443&tid=89082&author=1FastCam]NICE! You got us beat! Ours is 100X50, and Im not looking forward to planting that dang thing. Need to find me one of them fancy tillers. Would hook right up behind the massy. Tilled it all with a walk behind. Im thinking the weed barrier and planting is a 30pack weekend with a few friends. :D[/rquote] this is supposed to be a combined garden with 5 families kicking in plants seeds sprinklers and the such, thats the reason for the size, well right now it's 5 families, we will see who shows up:drunk::drunk:[/rquote]

I hear ya there. Ours is for us and the inlaws. Although, I'm doing all the work. :whiteflag:

I got my little 14X14 here by the house for herbs and peppers. :2thumbsup:

18. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1272880&tid=89082&author=ducks1]looks like ole yankee will be sellin produce this year or the deer herd will be fatten up .[/rquote] planting all the sweet corn i can, im gonna put a stand in that apple tree out back:whistle::whistle::whistle:

19. ducks1

ducks1 New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    flo.missouri
    [rquote=1272923&tid=89082&author=yankee][rquote=1272880&tid=89082&author=ducks1]looks like ole yankee will be sellin produce this year or the deer herd will be fatten up .[/rquote] planting all the sweet corn i can, im gonna put a stand in that apple tree out back:whistle::whistle::whistle:[/rquote]
    when you get all that corn make a necklace then it shouldnt be baiting if you tell them its for you right. man the city sucks i have a lil 8x8 garden .wish i had all that room.:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

20. yankee

yankee Senior Member

[rquote=1272927&tid=89082&author=ducks1][rquote=1272923&tid=89082&author=yankee][rquote=1272880&tid=89082&author=ducks1]looks like ole yankee will be sellin produce this year or the deer herd will be fatten up .[/rquote] planting all the sweet corn i can, im gonna put a stand in that apple tree out back:whistle::whistle::whistle:[/rquote]
    when you get all that corn make a necklace then it shouldnt be baiting if you tell them its for you right. man the city sucks i have a lil 8x8 garden .wish i had all that room.:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:[/rquote] it aint baiting anyway, this garden is really no different than a field of corn or soybeans, or even a food plot really, baiting is the intentional piling of food upon the ground for the sole purpose of attracting game