Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seed ticks and chiggars has to be the work from the devil. these things suck! i dont mind deer ticks because i can feel them and there big enough to pinch off my skin, but these damn seed ticks are driving me crazy! i went out to my woods to check on my mineral lick and i got back to the house i must of had around 50 seed ticks on me! i soaked in the bath with some SSS, thinking the seed ticks would drown or at least the oil would get them off. it didnt work and i still got them crawlin on me! is there any faster or better method than pickin them all of 1 at a time? i come from california and hunting there i never worried about chiggars and seed ticks, now im in MO and these these are hellish!!! ahhhh!!! wheres the chiggar-X!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have heard that covering them in vegetable oil or similar works. Don't know though, I usually just scrub really hard in the shower to get most of them off and then pick off the rest one by one.

:roll2:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
A really hot shower usually gets ride of the chiggers although the bites will keep itching after they are gone. Bleach will kill seed ticks on contact. You can dilute it down but i prefer to use straight bleach and wipe my legs down with it. Kills them all quick, then I hop in the shower. Something els some may not know, if you come in from the woods and are infested in chiggers but havent realized it yet, anywhere you sit or lay can be infested too so your couch, chair, or bed will get chiggers on it if you go sittin and laying around before stripping and getting in the shower. That's why a day or two later you end up getting more bites, cause you dropped some chiggers off on the furniture the day you got them.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks man, ill try that bleach next time i get infested with those devil bugs. i was up all night tossing, turnin, and stratching. if i didnt have chiggar-X i would be in serious trouble! these bugs must like my sweet california blood.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes.....there is a simple and even inexpensive way to get rid of seed ticks and even chiggars. Key is, you need to catch it before they've dug in. That is a big key!

Rubbing Alcohol I carry it on the 4 wheeler or the tractor or whatever. I make sure to never leave home without it when we go off to work weekends on the farm or the hunting place this time of year!!! Got into them the past 2 weekends in a row in fact.

You've got to kill them in their tracks before they begin biting. It does require some vigilence. Once they start latching on, you're in for it. It's amazing to me how big of a whelp a little old seed tick can produce as compated to a normal sized tick, but they can and do! :banghead:

Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing Alcohol

IT WORKS !!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.