The american lancaster smothbore

Discussion in 'Muzzleloaders' started by Longbow26, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    What a joy to shoot. pics are inside of the lock and one target at 10 yards using 80 grains 3f and 1oz #6 shoot. Half a cusion.

2. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    U will notice it is shooting low rt nwo have not field the site at all. but it woudl of been a dead terky non the less with alot of shoot in the body.

3. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    This one is same charge and load expet it has the full cusion. 10 yards as well. On all shoots the box target was taped to botom of box was shreded after 10 shoots and the ground infront of the box was tore to living hell. I will be filling the site down tonight half way and see hwo it moves teh pint of inpact up.

4. runner

runner New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Go to a 80/110 or 120 load. Shoot with and without the cushion wad. For most folks the cushion wad causes holes in the pattern. Lets see some pictures of the whole gun!
    I rolled my bird at a touch over 40 yards last year with a 90/120 load of 6's.

5. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Yeah Longbow let's see a pic of the whole gun..:cool:

Jack

6. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    One draw back of a 44'' barel gun is its hard to take a picture of it.

7. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    The above picter is of my American Lancaster smothbore ( longest one ) the other gun in the picture is my Lymann Great Plains rifle. Both are .54 caliber and both are fun to shoot, thouhg the lancaster is top of that enjoyment thresh hold.

8. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Longbow, very nice!!:cheers:

Jack

9. runner

runner New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    A flintlock smooth bore long gun is in my future, but not yet. I am building a short barreled 58 caliber smoothbore right now, but there is little that is correct about it in any way! A flintlock poor boy type or a plain trade gun is what I hope to end up with eventually.

10. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Pretty neat guns there!
    Hope you get a gobbler with it!
    :cheers::cheers:

11. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Thank you to both statments. I figer in a month i can learn it to shoot good. Failling that ill jsut use one of these bows.

12. runner

runner New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    A guy named Roundball has posted some smoothbore methods that seem to work for a lot of folks. He is using postit sticky notes to make shot tubes out of. The patterns he is showing are pretty good coming out of a smoothbore with no choke. My gun likes a thick heavy over powder card and no cushion or lube. When dove season rolls around this fall I will try out the paper roll method myself because it looks like it would be a lot faster. Good luck and nice gun!