The Adventures of SmokinBarrel ***

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by SmokinBarrel, Mar 6, 2006.

1. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

May 19, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Well, I invited a good friend of mine (dating 3 months) to go with to the property this past Friday to disc and plant my food plot, and show her the cabin.

Here's what happened:

1. Load the ATV and pick her up at 12:00
    2. I leave house and forget my credit card - No problem I'll stop at bank beforehand
    3. On the way to get her, a rock flies up and hits the windshield, small crack (at this point, I said to myself, "turn around")
    4. I pick her up
    5. We drive west, and stop for lunch
    6. 1.5 hours later, I stop at MFA to get some supplies, fertilizer, seed, rock salt for food plot and deer.
    7. after MFA, I stop at Orschelyn's for a seed spreader.
    8. She complains, and says, "We're not going to have time before dark to work on the plot or disc it, or whatever you want to do". Yes, daylight is running out, but we'll be okay. Plus, we use the headlights on ATV.
    9. We head to the property - 12 minute drive
    10. Get to property, unload ATV, and it won't start! And it started earlier when I loaded on the truck.
    11. So, I pull the battery, take it to Walmart to have the charge checked
    12. She says, "I'm getting tired of driving, I'm getting sick" Well, you can stay here, and I'll run into town. She says, "no". I can't blame her, but it's not like we've been driving straight...
    13. The battery reads okay, and Walmart did a 30 minute quick charge on it
    14. It's dark when we arrive back to ATV
    15. Before I get out of truck, she asks for the keys, because she's scared, I don't know!??
    16. Get out of truck, she holds flashlight, and I install battery. Doesn't crank!!
    17. We planned to go home that evening, but I can't leave ATV there..
    17. She starts to get scared of dark
    18. She starts acting really funny, scarred, and breathing heavily
    19. She says, "lets load it and go"
    20. I said, "how?", it's to heavy to lift.
    21. I can't think, I say, I'll take you home, and then I'll come back
    22. I decide to back truck into ditch, ie minimize pitch of ramp, and use ramp with a board on each run so the tires will roll easy
    23. I get in truck, but no keys, she has them (see 14)
    24. I step out of truck, and say, I need the keys, (note: truck is on a pitch, or in a ditch)
    25. Because of the pitch, and not thinking, the open door to my truck, closes and smashes my hand
    26. I get pizzed, and I say, you're never coming out here again…..jokingly and serious at same time
    27. I back truck up
    28. She says, "I'm really cold"
    29. I say, "let's hurry up and load it"
    30. We load it…..everything seems okay then!!
    31. We're suppose to take a trip to the Carribean together in May.
    32. I tell her, "I'm not sure about the carribean trip, could you imagine what it would be like on that trip?" :banghead:
    33. Whoa!! I didn't get the plot planted. She wasn't thinking work, but she new what we where going to do. She must of thought , flowers, riding the ATV together, picnic, wine, coziness, who knows! That's probably when everything started going wrong, when she figured it wasn't a picnic.

What a trip!! :hysterical:

Nice gal truly, but maybe just a bit to city for me. Whoa!
  2. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    You can love your wife or girlfriend, and they might love you back, but you can almost never get them to love the stuff you love. My wife: hunting - nope, fishing - forget it, football - no way, etc. etc. etc. Makes you wonder how we ever got together. That's love, I guess.

TOBRYAN Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    She is still baiting the hook and will do anything to get the big circle hook in your lower lip.
    Good luck, the farm is the only place where I do have control! (other than mother nature of course!)
  4. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Dang, sounds like a good time ta me..

5. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Unless my girl is a hunter and knows what's going on, this is a good example of why I will be very careful of sharing my activities!!
    I like messing with my plots way too much to take my girlfriend along!!!
  6. Outdoorsfool

Outdoorsfool New Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Central Missouri
    :rotfl::rotfl: @ the whole lot of ya! But then that could somehow 'xplain my current situation! :peepwall:

Smokin' - Anybody doing any kind of catfish gathering this year?
  7. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    ha ha Sorry your day was chitty but it is FUNNY!!!
  8. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog Active Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maryland Heights,Mo
    What was wrong with your ATV? A friend called me one time and was telling me his wouldnt start and was going to take it to the shop. I told him to flip the kill switch. It started.
  9. 90acres

90acres The good ole days

Mar 4, 2003
  10. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    look at the brite side you only invested a little time and money................funny story
  11. Redonthehead

Redonthehead Active Member

May 2, 2005
    Yeah, I don't think I would want to go with you on a trip, either! :wave:
  12. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Man, I thought the same thing...........:bangin:
  13. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

May 19, 2003
    St. Louis, MO

I look back, and it was funny. But, I was sooo pizzed at the time! wtf! :D

I guess I to blame to, I shouldn't of put her in that position, but it sure was a good way to exercise and see if we'd be compatible on a trip. I'm think most likely not!! Personally, I think she was thinking picnic, and I was thinking work. :rotfl:

TOBRYAN Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    Yeah, smokin and when you are thinking **** (bad things) she will be thinking work....for you!!!

Good luck, its hard to find one the likes to hunt, work and .........
  15. rmr

rmr New Member

:bangin: Showing her the cabin might have been alright
    and this is from a guy thats been married to the same girl 26 years dont take your girl to the farm if you want to get any work done, think man think. the fact that she wanted to
    go in the frist place is a start, be patient.
  16. JBMan

JBMan New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    dang it murphy!!!

hope next time goes a little smoother for ya

i can tell you a similar story about ole JBMan (aka creek fox), with his buddy mountain goat, out in wayne county wilderness building a deer stand with 24 pack of bud and about 3 bottles of parrot bay!!!!
  17. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    So I take there was no :dancin: ?
  18. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    For some reason I'm wanting to hug my Wife.

:confused: I can't believe she didn't get the ATV going.

:D Sounds like normal day with Big Grin and oneshot
  19. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    If I didn't know better, I'd have thought my wife was cheatin on me...WITH YOU! I know the scenario all too well. But mine is warming up to the fact that the woods is just something I do better alone. She'll fish with me. That is about the limit of her outdoorsiness.