Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda disappointed in this guy. guess he just doesnt have the genectics to get big. should be 4.5 this year and just didnt put much growth on and he is low on the body weight. day photos are this year and night are from last year......... was him in '07 when i guessed him at 2.5..........last pic is of the buck in avatar and how much he jumped in a year

[file]89848[/file] [file]89849[/file] [file]89851[/file] [file]89853[/file]

[file]89866[/file] [file]89867[/file]

[file]89875[/file]

[file]89873[/file]

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
Scott, I read the post on Drury this year about one of Mark's bucks that he didn't think was going to get any bigger until this year.

I've also seen bucks that show up huge as 2.5 and don't get much bigger in the next couple of years but then at 5.5 blow up into giants. This deer still appears young to me..I'm going to be interested to see what he does next year, but I'm guessing he'll be a stud.

·
Registered
70,367 Posts
He may not get any wider or more point ever but next year his mass should start getting better. He still has that young look in his face even this year. Don't give up on him.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
I think you need to be hunting right now:D

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
So I'm curious was the buck in your avatar taken off the same property as this buck because looking at your avatar and the first pic of this guy on your post there looks like some definite genetic similarities.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
[rquote=1550336&tid=107925&author=bowhuntKS]So I'm curious was the buck in your avatar taken off the same property as this buck because looking at your avatar and the first pic of this guy on your post there looks like some definite genetic similarities.[/rquote]
I had the same thought.

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1550355&tid=107925&author=showmethejewels][rquote=1550349&tid=107925&author=20 feet high]sure looks the same to me scott228, shoot him dead either way next year as a 5.5![/rquote]

:lame:[/rquote]

really, how so. please tell me the characteristics differences in your percieved two different bucks in those photos. This ought to be really good insight.

·
Grrrrrrr
30,043 Posts
Another thing to consider since you mention his body size is that this year's pics are taken post rut and after some serious severe weather. So if you are looking at the thickness of his neck, shoulders, briskit, and the depth of his abdomen for clues to his age you may be mislead because on Janary 5 this year he is post rut and HUNGRY!!

He's a really nice looking buck.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
He has some kind of growth on his chest in that top picture. :shrug:

He might be one of those late bloomers that comes on heavy at 6.5 or you just might have to shoot him next year and pat yourself on the back for taking a mature buck. :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
18,797 Posts
[rquote=1550346&tid=107925&author=showmethejewels]im not convinced its the same deer.the day time photos look like a 2 year old and the night time look like a 3 or better [/rquote]

That is what I was thinking, the pic from 01-05-10 looks like a 2 year old to me. Everything about him says he is 2, but the nightime photos look like a more mature deer.

·
Registered
18,797 Posts
Look at the g-3 and g-4 on both bucks right antlers in the middle 2 photos on the left hand side.....they do not match up and are at close to the same angle. Also, the browtines do not match up IMO, or the white on the top of the nose.

This is comparing the 4 smaller photos together :cheers:

·
Registered
17,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[rquote=1550336&tid=107925&author=bowhuntKS]So I'm curious was the buck in your avatar taken off the same property as this buck because looking at your avatar and the first pic of this guy on your post there looks like some definite genetic similarities.[/rquote]

yes same property and ill post some pics of his jump from last year to this year he put on some serious growth where this guy didn't.

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,452 Posts
[rquote=1550450&tid=107925&author=Scott_288][rquote=1550336&tid=107925&author=bowhuntKS]So I'm curious was the buck in your avatar taken off the same property as this buck because looking at your avatar and the first pic of this guy on your post there looks like some definite genetic similarities.[/rquote]

yes same property and ill post some pics of his jump from last year to this year he put on some serious growth where this guy didn't.[/rquote]

Hmm...looks like you at least have some good genetics running around. That many main frame 12pts. are hard to beat.

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1550385&tid=107925&author=letemgrow]Look at the g-3 and g-4 on both bucks right antlers in the middle 2 photos on the left hand side.....they do not match up and are at close to the same angle. Also, the browtines do not match up IMO, or the white on the top of the nose.

[/rquote]

maybe so, who knows. They sure look the same to me, but I am sure Scott would like two have an additiuonal buck walking around. I am with archer66, the post rut has bucks a little worn down.

·
Registered
17,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[rquote=1550385&tid=107925&author=letemgrow]Look at the g-3 and g-4 on both bucks right antlers in the middle 2 photos on the left hand side.....they do not match up and are at close to the same angle. Also, the browtines do not match up IMO, or the white on the top of the nose.

[/rquote]

i sat here last night trying to talk myself out of this being the same deer but everything points to being same one...........when i first saw this years pics i thought he was 2 also and thought sweet that he is 2 with this potential. but his brows coulda grew just a few inches this year different from last year.i got pics of him last year about this time and he was run down. i showed quite a few people that night pic and they said 4,showed them the after rut and said 3 then showed them it was same buck. not 100% sure but im pretty convinced its him

·
Registered
18,797 Posts
Is the g-5 on his left side broke at all?? Cause it is longer in the nighttime photo than the day one. Also the right side g-5 is much longer is the daytime photo than the buck at night (small side view pics) so I stand to say it is 2 different bucks...prove me wrong by taking him down. :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.