Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to run out to the farm first thing this morning & take some more exacting measurements on the wifes new kitchen cabinets. Once I was done, I decided to take a stroll into the new timber that came with the new house. I was standing on top of the hill, looking into the bottom towards one of my tree stands. I'm hearing a palliated woodpecker going nuts & am trying to figure out where he is & why he's being so noisy. That's when I saw it, not 75 yds away. A bobby. First saw an animal disapear into the ditch, but within seconds, it came out the other side & just stood there, flickin it's tail. Woulda been a piece of cake shot with the 243, had I just listened to that little voice that said to pick it up as I walked by it. :mad2:

·
PURE KILLER
38,018 Posts
fool,:D a man should never go into he woods empty handed during bobby season.hope that taught you a lesson because now you can carry something the rest of the year and will see none:hysterical:bet he was a monster mature kitty to:whistle:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[rquote=1490092&tid=104090&author=coyotehunter]fool,:D a man should never go into he woods empty handed during bobby season.hope that taught you a lesson because now you can carry something the rest of the year and will see none:hysterical:bet he was a monster mateure kitty to:whistle:[/rquote]

Leave it to Jenny to find a positive in every situation.

She said, "look on the bright side, that mistake saved ya $400":stickfight:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,915 Posts
[rquote=1490092&tid=104090&author=coyotehunter]fool,:D a man should never go into he woods empty handed during bobby season.hope that taught you a lesson because now you can carry something the rest of the year and will see none:hysterical:bet he was a monster mature kitty to:whistle:[/rquote]
Ain't that the truth!

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last winter, during the shed hunt, fishy found 2 turkey carcasses down in that area & we found quite a few bobby tracks. It's gonna be a dead kitty before winters over, mark my word.:wave:

·
PURE KILLER
38,018 Posts
[rquote=1490096&tid=104090&author=pinwheel][rquote=1490092&tid=104090&author=coyotehunter]fool,:D a man should never go into he woods empty handed during bobby season.hope that taught you a lesson because now you can carry something the rest of the year and will see none:hysterical:bet he was a monster mateure kitty to:whistle:[/rquote]

Leave it to Jenny to find a positive in every situation.

She said, "look on the bright side, that mistake saved ya $400":stickfight:[/rquote]

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:dang women aways looking at the other point of view

·
Under appreciated
89,769 Posts
I'd love to smack one with the rig in my avatar (hint hint). :whistle: :D

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[rquote=1490112&tid=104090&author=rat]I'd love to smack one with the rig in my avatar (hint hint). :whistle: :D
[/rquote]

No need to hint around Paul. You tell me when ya got time to jump in the truck & run up & we'll see if we can't make it happen.

·
Under appreciated
89,769 Posts
[rquote=1490127&tid=104090&author=pinwheel][rquote=1490112&tid=104090&author=rat]I'd love to smack one with the rig in my avatar (hint hint). :whistle: :D
[/rquote]

No need to hint around Paul. You tell me when ya got time to jump in the truck & run up & we'll see if we can't make it happen.[/rquote]
LOL... yea, I know that bro.

I cant even find time to get to the woods and kill a deer this year, let alone a bobcat.
If'n I get an odd sunday or something, I'll let ya know. IF it happens, I wont be much bother... just hunker down in a ditch someweres.
Sure would LIKE to anyways. :wave:

·
Grrrrrrr
29,945 Posts
Randy....it will be a lot more fun and rewarding to go out there on a cold January day after bow season ends and do some calling and see if you can get that turkey killer. I don't know enough about bobcats to know what their range is like but hopefully that one will either leave your place completely or give ya another chance....just don't forget the .243!!

·
Registered
69,767 Posts
I know for a fact that since the bob cats moved into my area my turkey population has dropped down to just 2 or 3 birds. I haven't seen a young bird in 4 years. I have some good night time pics of the reason on my game camera.

[file]81592[/file]

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
This year has been the first year I've seen them around our place, and I'm not to happy. Don't worry, the fur is flyin'

[file]81630[/file]

·
19,584 Posts
[rquote=1490087&tid=104090&author=pinwheel]Woulda been a piece of cake shot with the 243...[/rquote]

I don't know if I'd ever want to use that phrase ever again...it seems to always breed discontent.

Sometimes, you can learn from other's mistakes!

Just sayin'... :innocent:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts