Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Addicted Habitat Junkie/Duck Whore
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got momma to agree to take care of all the dogs this morning to free me up for a full day hunt for a change.

The plan was to run and gun and try to stir one up.

The turkey didn't get the plan!

Haven't heard a gobble this morning.

Kind of hard to run and gun when you don't have anything to run to!

Looks like I'll be spending my day in the blind with a cigar!

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I feel your pain. I sneaked on early and set up in a spot the birds have gobbled at the most consistently. None were there.

They have gobbled some despite the wind and rain in some more traditional areas this morning.

I'm now set up in a blind listening to the patter of rain on the roof waiting for one to gobble where i came from. :D

· Registered
32,993 Posts
Rain just finished here. Last ones I heard where heading away before the rain started. Hope to circle around and fire one up.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
We have had hens visiting both setups this morning. Co-owner just text me and said he has 3 gobblers chasing 2 Jake's around in the field he is set up in.

· Registered
32,993 Posts
No blind here. Getting wet again.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I'm beginning to think gobbles trigger rain showers. Every time one gobbles a little it starts raining and shuts him up. Lol

Reactions: CuivreDog2

· Registered
32,993 Posts
As you get older that starts taking some of the fun out of a hunt.
Unfortunately where we hunt there isn't any good setup for blinds. Its 99% hardwoods and we have to be mobile.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Unfortunately where we hunt there isn't any good setup for blinds. Its 99% hardwoods and we have to be mobile.
I wonder how one of those deer stand umbrellas that strap to a tree would work ?

Reactions: 20'

· Registered
32,993 Posts
Lightning chased me from the woods. Had a close one, but no success.

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I'm giving one the silent treatment trying to get him to cross the creek. If he would gobble moreso I knew where he is i could sneak to the creek.. turd quit gobbling so I can't move.

Reactions: fishshooter

· King of Callaway
43,375 Posts
I'm giving one the silent treatment trying to get him to cross the creek. If he would gobble moreso I knew where he is i could sneak to the creek.. turd quit gobbling so I can't move.
Don't let him get the best of you........................again :moon:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.