Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to first off say that I miss my pistol dog out their in the field with me. Its not the same with out the big guy. My females did their best and Pistol's Daughter made him proud over the weekend. She took over the pack and was our pack leader thru out this weekends hunts. She even managed to catch a rabbit in some thick stuff and retrieved the one she caught and another for me that is a trait which was passed on from her father Pistol. Way to go Leah keep on running strong. Leah is 3yrs old.

Friday myself a friend of the family Brian and my brother hit the fields we had a blast managed to knock out 9 bunnies. Their was a freeze overnight the frost wasn't our friend early morning things picked up bout 10am.

Here is a yote we found dead. He was probably eating the rabbits. He's dead now.

[file]81849[/file]

Here is the days hunt. 9 Good sized cottontails

[file]81851[/file]

Saturday by far was the best hunt of the season. I was glad to have a guest for the hunt MWT member mohunter32 - Scott. Last time he went rabbit hunting was almost 10yrs ago. I was more than happy to guide him for the day give him a chance to hunt behind my pack of gun-dogs. He had a blast and got off several shots. Also joining us on this hunt was My friend Brian Kevin and Dan. Total of 5 hunters and 5 dogs. Kevin and Dan brought their Odie dog along for the hunt. We managed to jump over 20 rabbits Brought back 16 rabbits to the truck and 1 squirrel. We lost 2 rabbits in a hole. They were wounded and ran into the ground. I tried my best to get them out but it didn't happen. Running was excellent dogs did great hammered entire time jump after jump it was on from the get go. I had a blast hope to do it again guys.

Here is Tracking Leah - She caught this rabbit. It was not shot at. She caught it in some thick stuff.

[file]81853[/file]

[file]81855[/file]

Video Links

This was the other retrieve later in the day -

Here is a pic of the all mighty kevlar rabbit. 4 of us all had a crack at him. Not a one of us could of hit the thing. Think it took over 9 shots before Dan took him out.........lol and it was still alive. We had to finish him off.

[file]81857[/file]

here is mohunter32 with a nice kill. He rolled this big cottontail. Nice shot Scott. Glad I was able to have you out for a hunt. Standing with him on the right is lil daisy and behind is Lisa.

[file]81859[/file]

Here is the days hunt

[file]81861[/file]

Here we all are with the dogs. Thats Dan Brian Me and Scott. It was a blast guys. I had a great time

[file]81863[/file]

Sunday we were at it again. This time Tracy (aka ghbeagles) joined us for the hunt. He brought along a pack of powerhouse males and females. Running was strong and it was fast pace.....lol them dogs was rolling fast. We had some great runs thru milo fields. Good to see ol ringo go again and his brother had a cool mouth on him and hunted just as good. I had a great time hope to do it again. Wish I would of taken more pics and video but I was plum wore out.

Jumped more than 8 managed to take home 6 cottontails.

[file]81865[/file]

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics. Thanks for looking - Joey

·
King of Callaway
42,814 Posts
:claphands::cheers::eek:::woot:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fish we still on for that youth hunt. Cause I am.

·
27,514 Posts
Thanks for the invite Joey. Hope to do it agian real soon.

BTW, that fried rabbit is the best!:cheers:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem mohunter32 I was glad to have you out. I enjoy seeing folks hunt with us and having fun right along with us.

Try baking it in the oven after you fry it with gravy on top. Ohhh yeah that is some good stuff.

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
:eek:::cheers:

Ya'll hunt Reform this weekend at all? I saw a few few trucks about the place with kennels and heard the dogs working pretty close by me.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no we didn't was thinking on hitting it up soon though. Was they running good. Lot of people rabbit hunting this weekend. deer season is over for most. Its like that every year. Thanksgiving everyone breaks out the out of shape rabbit dogs....lol

·
11,357 Posts
Joeyman, did you hit the other conservation area you were planning last friday? Was there much running there if you did?:pop:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its was ok. went again sunday and everyone and their brother was out. Hard to get a nice spot to run. We went there friday. so look at the friday hunt pics. We managed to get a few.

Thing is its so big there. Lots of ground to cover. Running is big too. Some spots look great and very few rabbits. Some spots have more in them. You have to keep walking around pushing the dogs around till you hit them. Its like they stay in small groups all together. you have to find that group.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think the weather plays a major role in it. Saturday it was sunny and a little warmer all the rabbits were out and sitting in the fields. We jumped alot of them. Sunday it was cloudy sprinkles and a little windy. I think the rabbits went into hiding.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
sunday they were just runnin for there lives...lmao

1 - 13 of 13 Posts